For telecommuting information and other personnel resources, please visit the Human Resources COVID-19 webpage.
Connecting to WOU technology resources from home
Learn how to connect to VDI, VPN, WebX, network drives and more on this webpage by University Computing Solutions.
Looking for resources to deliver your course remotely? Please visit our instructional resilience webpage, developed by Academic Affairs.
- The university is open, and we are all learning together how to work differently.
- In accordance with the governor’s Executive Order 20-12, “If businesses can have employees work from home, then they must do so”; this requires those of us who can work from home must.
- While most departments and employees are working remotely, there are some departments on campus that serve critical functions and need to have workers on site. Critical functions are defined by the President’s Cabinet and referred to in the governor’s Executive Order 20-09.
- Most campus buildings are locked and accessible by fob only.
- Facilities Services disinfect all entrance door handles daily. The department will be monitoring building traffic to deploy resources for cleaning bathrooms and other building areas with the goal of disinfecting most heavily in areas that must be used.
- If employees need help with telecommuting technology, University Computing Solutions has provided a resource page.
- Pay documents should be submitted electronically. Please refer to a March 20 email from Human Resources for instructions.
- To determine how to use sick time, vacation time or other leave in our current circumstances, please refer to Human Resources’ COVID-19 page.
- If you would like to report a concern about someone not following social distancing protocols, please report it to Campus Public Safety here.