WOU’s Monmouth and Salem campuses are open. To keep our community healthy, we are implementing a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for fall 2021 and have modified our mask policy. All employees and students who live, learn or work on our campuses (or are traveling for work) will be required to have a COVID-19 vaccination. Visit the student page or employee page for processes to verify vaccination status or file for an exemption. More details about the immunization plan will be posted as information is available.
Vaccination requirement for employees and students
- A COVID-19 vaccination is required for employees and students effective fall 2021. Below is information about how to verify your vaccinated status or file for an exemption.
- To submit your vaccination record, go to the Portal and click on the “Human Resources Form Submission” channel. The COVID-19 group at the top contains a “Click Here” link next to the “Vaccination Verification / Exemption”. You will be taken to a new page to submit your proof of vaccination. You may provide a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card, or other documentation from your physician that identifies your COVID-19 vaccination record. Click the “Choose File” button, select the picture/document, “Open”, and click “Submit”.
- To submit your exemption, you must watch an educational video, then download and fill out the Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Form. Once you have completed and saved your form, you can then go to the Portal and click on the “Human Resources Form Submission” channel. The COVID-19 group at the top contains a “Click Here” link next to the “Vaccination Verification / Exemption”. You will be taken to a new page to submit your exemption form. Click the “Choose File” button, select the picture/document, “Open”, and click “Submit”.
- Employees questions about submitting proof of vaccination or filing for an exemption, contact Human Resources at 503-838-8490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For telecommuting information and other personnel resources, please visit the Human Resources COVID-19 webpage.
Connecting to WOU technology resources from home
Learn how to connect to VDI, VPN, WebX, network drives and more on this webpage by University Computing Solutions.
Looking for resources to deliver your course remotely? Please visit our instructional resilience webpage, developed by Academic Affairs.
- Masks are required, per the Oregon Health Authority.
- The university is open, and we are all learning together how to work differently.
- Campus buildings are accessible as needed to support our students, faculty and staff.
- Facilities Services disinfect all entrance door handles daily. The department will be monitoring building traffic to deploy resources for cleaning bathrooms and other building areas with the goal of disinfecting most heavily in areas that must be used.
- If employees need help with telecommuting technology, University Computing Solutions has provided a resource page. Information regarding employee telecommuting can be found on the Human Resources website.
- Pay documents should be submitted electronically.
- To determine how to use sick time, vacation time or other leave in our current circumstances, please refer to Human Resources’ COVID-19 page.
- If you would like to report a concern about someone not following social distancing protocols, please report it to Campus Public Safety here.