Resources and connections
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Student Affairs Committee on Inclusion
Peter Courtney Health and Wellness Center
The virtual layout of the facility
360 Self-guided tour
Division of Student Affairs
In This Together
Campus Recreation Programs
Follow us on
Campus Recreation Intramural Sports
Follow us on
Campus Recreation Club Sports
Follow us on
Entrance into the Facility
- The student will be allowed to enter anytime during their reservation (120-minute time window).
The process to enter the HWC
- WOU ID cards will be required to gain access to the HWC.
- Scan their WOU ID card bar code to validate they have a reservation through IMLeagues.
- Swipe their ID card into the normal RecTrac gate access system to access the facility.
- Fingerprint access will not be available during the fall term.
- Signage will be at the entrance regarding the responsibilities of the student.
- Cardio and strength equipment will be spaced no less than 6’ apart to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
Bottle Filling Stations
- Water Bottle Filling Stations will function at all times that the building is open.
- Water Fountains will not be available. Patrons will be encouraged to bring their own, filled, water/drink into the facility.
- Showers will not be available. Patrons will be encouraged to come dressed to workout. Locker rooms will still be open for restrooms usage.
Expectations of Patrons
- Patrons must keep their masks on at all times.
- Wash their hands often following CDC recommendations.
- Wipe down equipment before and after each use with towel/disinfectant provided.
- Observe physical distancing
Avoid physical contact (high fives, handshakes, basketball games, etc.).
- Respect and follow safety procedures, guidelines, directional signage, and instructions from staff.
- “Mask” means a medical-grade mask or cloth face coverings that covers the nose and the mouth. Individuals with face coverings that may be of insufficient filtering ability may be requested to obtain a disposable/single-use mask from the HWC’s front desk.
- Refillable automated hand sanitizer units will be available throughout the facilities.
- Located mainly near the front desk, Climbing Wall, and all towel/disinfectant stations.
- Sanitizer levels will be monitored frequently and refilled as necessary throughout the day.
Physical Distancing - Members
- Signage throughout the building will remind patrons about the importance of physical distancing.
- Floor stickers and instructional signage will be created and deployed to remind employees and members of appropriate distancing.
- Traffic flow and area usage will be configured to allow for proper physical distancing (with accompanying signage).
- Capacity limits (staff + members) will be placed on each unique space within the facilities.
- Workout equipment is moved OR taped off (with appropriate signage) to prevent usage to allow for ≥6ft physical distancing during exertion.
- Some equipment or furniture may have been removed altogether.
Outdoor Facilities (Turf Field and Disc Golf course)
- Turf Field is reserved by Campus Recreation
- Adhere to posted facility rules and guidelines, while adding in these additional ones.
- Face coverings required when physical distancing can not be maintained.
- Minimum of six feet of physical distancing.
- Maximum of ten people in a group.
- Equipment (sport-specific balls, discs, etc.) should be cleaned between drill/activity usage.
- No games with physical contact.
- No spitting.
Governor Kate Brown announced a new health and safety framework which uses four different risk levels for counties based on their level of COVID-19 spread (Extreme Risk, High Risk, Moderate Risk, and Lower Risk). Unfortunately, Polk County is currently listed as an Extreme Risk level. The Campus Recreation indoor facilities are closed January 14th - 28th for indoor recreation.
Starting January 11, 2021, 'Rec where u room' fitness equipment rentals will be available for pick-up in the Peter Courtney Health and Wellness Center by appointment in IMLeagues.
Reservations are required for all programs, activities, and exercise opportunities and will begin on January 11, 2021. We know it’s a hassle but this is the best way to keep COVID away! Simply log onto IMLeagues.
Use your WOU email to create an account, validate your account, and reserve your time slot on the fitness and facility reservation tab. Thank you for working with us on this! We appreciate the support
Health and Wellness Center Hours
Monday - Sunday (January 14th - 28th) Closed
Rec where u room fitness equipment pick-up
Monday - Thursday (January 11th - 28th)