To comply with COVID-19 precautionary measures, our office is currently operating remotely during the hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday until further notice.
In order to limit exposure we are asking that students do not come to the International Office directly but use other methods of communication. Our staff will still be meeting with students but we will be doing so remotely. We have decided to use Zoom video conferencing to continue to meet with student efficiently. If you would like to meet with a staff member you can email them directly so that a meeting can be setup via Zoom. Students will be prompted to create a zoom profile which can be done at https://zoom.us/signup. If a face to face meeting is required, we would just ask that it be arranged in advance. The office will remain open and staff will be available if further assistance is needed.
To get in touch with us, please contact us at:
- Ambre Plahn, Assistant Director of International Education & Development: firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-838-8434
- Jackie Bouvia, International Student Advisor: email@example.com WOU F-1 international students needing assistance with immigration
- Ermie Buncal, Assistant Director of Study Abroad and International Programming: firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-689-5649
Or you may call the main office line at 503-838-8425
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Stay safe and always feel free to contact us if you need any assistance during this time.
Applications for the 2020-2021 ICSP Scholarship for international students are now available. Please click here https://wou.edu/international/international-students/icsp/ for more information.
Check here for the calendar of campus events: Campus calendar
WHY CHOOSE WESTERN OREGON UNIVERSITY
- In 2014 WOU was recognized as one of the top 100 colleges or universities in America and the only one in the Pacific Northwest in adding economic value and benefit to its graduates
- WOU was an inaugural winner of the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award recognized by Insight Into Higher Education on November 15, 2012. This award recognizes universities and colleges that have demonstrated the highest level of commitment and action towards fostering a campus community that celebrates all the many facets of diversity.
- Ackerman Residence Hall, opened fall 2010, has received multiple awards for its environmentally friendly design and operations. Green Home Authority named Ackerman as one of the ten eco-friendliest dorms in the country in 2011
- Parade Magazine listed WOU as one of the top twenty small state schools for 2010. WOU was noted for its small classes and exceptional services for first generation to college students.
- The National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) has recognized fourteen Western Oregon University faculty and staff for academic advising (three in 2008, one in 2009, two in 2010, two in 2011, one in 2012, four in 2013, and one in 2014).