At Western Oregon University, students with a declared major are assigned a specific Major Advisor. Exploratory students (students without a declared major) are advised by our office, Student Success and Advising (SSA). Our office also advises pre-nursing students, students on academic warning/probation/suspension, and new/incoming and transfer students.
Phone: (503) 838-8428 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SSA directly advises the following student populations:
We encourage any student that has advising questions to reach out to our office. We look forward to chatting with you!
SSA helps returning students get back on track!
If you have completed courses at WOU, but have not enrolled for 4+ terms, please click the link below for guidance.
To Advising Appointment with an SSA advisor, follow these steps:
1. Log into the WOU Portal
2. Select the blue WCS icon
3. Click on the blue Get Support button
4. Select the type of service you are looking for and then select an appointment reason.
5. Select a date and then on Find an Appointment time.
6. Select a time and the location for the appointment that works best for you. You can use the filters on the left hand side to select specific people (such as your assigned advisor) or a specific location.
7. Review the appointment details, add your phone number for text reminders (if desired) and add any comments you would like the person you are meeting with to see prior to your appointment. Click on the Schedule button at the bottom to confirm the appointment. You will receive an appointment confirmation and reminder via email (and text message if selected). Note: if you select a Virtual Appointment location, your confirmation email will include details for how to connect for your appointment. If you are select a Phone Appointment location, add your phone number to the comments so the person you are meeting with can contact you at the time of your appointment.
You can also use these steps to schdule with the following departmenrts:
If you do not see your advisor, they most likely do not schedule appointments in WCS yet. We encourage you to reach out to them personally to set up an appointment.
Advising holds are placed on all student accounts every term beginning in Week 5. This hold is a reminder to students to meet with their assigned advisor prior to their registration date and time during Week 8 of the term. You will get an email at the beginning of Week 5 to let you know the hold is placed and to meet with your assigned advisor.
Click Here to see our Degree Completeion (Returning Student) webpage!
Click Here to see our Strategies for Succeeding Online Guide.
SSA advisors can help with financial aid questions only in a very general sense. We recommend scheduling an appointment with a Financial Aid counselor for specific questions about your aid.
503-838-8475 | email@example.com
WOU prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by WOU.