Undergraduate application for admission – new freshmen and transfer students
Please read before proceeding with the application!
You will start by creating an account
You will be asked for your Social Security number when you start the application. Not having a SSN is not a barrier to finishing the online application. If you are an undocumented or DACA student, please also visit our tuition equity webpage.
After you create an account and start your application
You don’t have to finish the application all at once. You have up to two months to complete it before your info is removed from the database. After you complete and submit your application, you won’t be able to make changes yourself, so take your time. If you need help with changes after submitting the application, contact email@example.com. If you need to update your residency information, fill out the residency form and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acknowledgement of responsibilities:
The information that I am providing for my application is complete and accurate. I am responsible for any incomplete/inaccurate information that may delay the processing of my application.
I understand that my application will not be processed without payment or a completed fee deferral form.
Freshman: I will submit official high school transcripts. Additionally, I will review this checklist to determine if I should submit SAT/ACT scores, a letter of recommendation, or a personal statement.
Transfer: I will submit official transcripts from every college or university I’ve attended. See checklist for more information
Important online payment information:
On the last page of the application, applicants should choose one of these options for the $60 application fee payment.
- Credit/debit card: WOU accepts MasterCard, Discover and Visa online. A 2% service fee is charged for credit/debit card payments.
- Electronic check (E-Check): You can make an electronic payment from your checking or savings account. Enter your bank routing number and account number, along with the Login ID you used to create your application. No service fee is charged for E-Check payments.
- Check: Submit your application without payment, then send a check to “Western Oregon University” at Admissions, Western Oregon University, 345 Monmouth Ave. N., Monmouth, OR 97361. Please put the applicant’s name in the memo line.
- WOU Fee Deferral or College Board Fee Waiver: Applicants experiencing financial hardship may qualify for a fee deferral using the Western Oregon Request for Deferral of Application Fee for Admission or the College Board Fee Waiver. If so, submit the online application without payment. The Western Oregon deferral form is available here. Please fax either of the forms listed above to 503-838-8067 or scan and e-mail them to email@example.com. Note: The WOU Fee Deferral does not waive your application fee.
- Veterans and Active Military: Western Oregon exempts members of the U.S. armed forces and honorably discharged veterans from paying the $60 admissions application fee. Provide a copy of your DD-214, or, for current military members, a copy of your most recent military orders, Enlisted Records Brief (ERB), or Officer Records Brief (ORB). Submit the online application without payment, then fax the items listed above to 503-838-8067 or scan and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUEST A PAPER APPLICATION:
If you would like a paper copy of the application packet, which includes the University Housing application, please email Admissions at email@example.com or call toll free 1-877-877-1593, option 1.
Post-Baccalaureate Applications College
Students who have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university may take additional undergraduate coursework before applying to a graduate program, seeking a second degree or for personal enrichment.
Students who received a bachelor’s degree from Western Oregon University can apply for post-bacc admission. Those with a degree from another college or university must pay a $60 fee.