UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION – NEW FRESHMEN AND TRANSFER STUDENTS
Please read before proceeding with the application!
You will need to create an account to proceed:
You will be asked to provide your Social Security Number when you start the application. Applicants who do not have a Social Security Number are still able to complete the online application. If you are an undocumented or Deferred Action student, please also refer to our tuition equity webpage.
Once you create an account and start your application:
You will not be obligated to fill out every section in one sitting, but after two months of inactivity, your information will be deleted from the database. You can return to your account at any time to complete your application. After it is submitted, you will be unable to access your application and should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any changes. If you need to update your residency information fill out the residency form and email email@example.com.
Acknowledgement of responsibilities:
The information that I am providing for my application is complete and accurate. I am responsible for any incomplete/inaccurate information that may delay the processing of my application.
I understand that my application will not be processed without payment or a completed fee deferral form.
Freshman: I will submit official high school transcripts. Additionally, I will review this checklist to determine if I should submit SAT/ACT scores, a letter of recommendation, or a personal statement.
Transfer: I will submit official transcripts from every college or university I’ve attended. See checklist for more information
Important online payment information:
On the last page of the application, applicants should select one of the following options regarding the $60 application fee payment.
- Credit/debit card: WOU accepts MasterCard, Discover, and Visa online. A 2% service fee is charged for credit/debit card payments.
- Electronic check (E-Check): You can make an electronic payment from your checking or savings account. Enter your bank routing number and account number, along with the Login ID you used to create your application. No service fee is charged for E-Check payments.
- Check: If you wish to pay with a check, please submit your application without payment. Checks should be made out to “Western Oregon University” and can be mailed to: Admissions Office, Western Oregon University, 345 Monmouth Ave. N., Monmouth, OR 97361. Please list the applicant’s name in the memo line.
- WOU Fee Deferral or College Board Fee Waiver: Applicants experiencing financial hardship may qualify for a fee deferral using the Western Oregon Request for Deferral of Application Fee for Admission or the College Board Fee Waiver. If so, submit the online application without payment. The Western Oregon deferral form is available here. Please fax either of the forms listed above to 503-838-8067 or scan and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: The WOU Fee Deferral does not waive your application fee.
- Veterans and Active Military: Western Oregon recognizes the members of the U.S. Armed Forces and Honorably discharged Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces by exempting them from paying the $60 admissions application fee. Provide a copy of your DD-214, or, for current military members, a copy of your most recent military orders, Enlisted Records Brief (ERB), or Officer Records Brief (ORB). Submit the online application without payment, then fax the items listed above to 503-838-8067 or scan and e-mail them to email@example.com.
REQUEST A PAPER APPLICATION:
If you wish to receive a paper copy of the application packet, which includes the University Housing application, please email the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-877-877-1593, option 1.
Students who have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university may take additional undergraduate coursework before applying to a graduate program, seeking a second degree or for personal enrichment.
Students who received a bachelor’s degree from Western Oregon University can apply for post-bacc admission. Those with a degree from another college or university must pay a $60 fee.