Education (teacher licensure program)
Download the Winter 2021 Application (Fillable PDF)
Download Faculty Evaluation Form (Fillable PDF)
Acceptance into your senior year (Professional Licensure Program) is criterion based. In other words, you will not be competing with other students for these spots.
In order to be accepted into the Professional Licensure Program, you will need to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and dispositions of a successful teacher candidate. Here are some specific items to keep in mind:
Prior to applying to the Professional Licensure Program
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- ED course GPA of 3.0 or higher, with all courses with an ED prefix a B- or higher.
- For Elementary/Middle and Middle/High preparations, content GPA must also be 3.0 or higher.
- Pass criminal record check and character background checks.
- Demonstrate professional ethics and dispositions required of teacher candidates, documented through WOU faculty feedback. Dispositions required of teacher candidates include, but are not limited to the following:
- Respect others and value differences
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and instructors
- Communicate respectfully
- Graciously accept feedback for improvement
- Follow standards for academic honesty
- Adhere to codes of ethics and laws
- Pass teacher licensure exams.
- Complete two sets of classroom observation hours (30 hours each). A practicum based education course may be substituted for the first set of observation hours. See your advisor for details.
- Submit documentation of your basic skills through one of the following: ACT (with writing), SAT (with writing) or CBEST (reading, writing, math).