Office of Assessment and Data Management
Mission: The College of Education Office of Assessment and Data Management provides critical support for the collection, storage, analysis, presentation, and monitoring over time of data useful for academic programs relative to compliance, continuous improvement, accreditation, and program evaluation.
Specifically, the Office of Assessment and Data Management:
- Assures a system for developing and revising assessments of students’ knowledge, skills, and dispositions pertinent to their program, field experiences, and other external standards.
- Retains records of alignment between program outcomes and relevant state, national, and professional standards.
- Maintains the TK20 system and serves as the primary point of contact for major revisions and evolutions of the TK20 system(s), relative to continuous improvement and accreditation expectations for programs in the College of Education.
- Monitors compliance with the calendar of assessment activities developed by each program.
- Collects, stores, and monitors compliance for all data collection protocols for unit and program-level accreditation and continuous improvement.
- Collects, stores, and represents information relevant to the eight CAEP initial preparation program measures and facilitates posting online for public access, as required by CAEP.
- Provides leadership for timely completion of annual reports such as for Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC), Title II, CAEP, and others as necessary.
- Participates in other data collection and analysis activities relevant to the College of Education, programs, and mission.
- Regularly communicates between the Office of Assessment and Data Management, faculty program coordinators, the Office of Clinical Practices and Licensure, the Dean of the College of Education, and other offices, as appropriate.
- Completes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of the College of Education.