Western Oregon University & The Community College

The Degree Partnership Program is an opportunity for students to complete one application process for enrollment at a community college and Western Oregon University. Eligible students can receive financial aid at one institution for the combined credits at each school. The program is open to all U.S. citizens, permanent residents and eligible non-citizens pursuing their initial bachelor’s degree. Students must be admitted to WOU and pursuing their first bachelor’s degree to be eligible.

How to enroll in the Degree Partnership Program:

Not a WOU student yet? No problem! Apply Now!

Already a Wolf? Enrolling in the program is easy:

  1. Simply log into your Portal home. 
  2. Under the “Financial Aid Forms” section, look for the Degree Partnership Program – Declaration
  3. Read the terms and conditions of the program, then check the box to agree and submit your application.

Degree Partnership Program Application Deadlines:

*The deadline to apply is three weeks prior to the beginning of each term. You only need to submit a declaration form one time.

Degree Partnership Program Institutions:

  • Chemeketa Community College
  • Clackamas Community College
  • Linn-Benton Community College
  • Mt. Hood Community College

Coming Soon:

  • Lane Community College
  • Portland Community College


Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the Degree Partnership Program (DPP)?

A: DPP allows students to be “co-enrolled” at both Western Oregon and a community college. WOU currently has partnerships with Chemeketa Community College (Salem, OR), Clackamas Community College (Oregon City, OR), Linn-Benton Community College (Albany, OR), and Mt. Hood Community College (Gresham, OR).  

Q: What are the terms and conditions of the Degree Partnership Program (DPP)?

WOU will be considered the Home Institution for financial aid purposes unless you otherwise notify us by submitting the Degree Partnership Program – Change Home School form. The Home Institution is where you will receive your financial aid and scholarship funds. WOU must be the Home Institution if you have an associate’s degree or higher or you want to receive aid for 300 level courses or higher. As the Home Institution, WOU’s minimum enrollment requirement is 6 credits/term.  

To enroll in the Degree Partnership Program (DPP) you need to read and agree to the following conditions:

  • You must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree, certificate, or transfer program taking only courses applicable to your major.
  • All non-WOU classes must be transferable to your WOU degree program.
  • If you change Home Institutions during the year, there may be a delay in receipt of financial aid due to the cancelation of aid at one school and awarding at the other.
  • In order to be eligible for financial aid at WOU you must enroll in a minimum of 6 credits at WOU each academic term under the DPP program.
  • WOU tuition and fees will be assessed based on the courses in which you register.
  • You must pay both WOU and the community college. For example, if you received a refund check from WOU, you are responsible for paying the applicable tuition and fees at the community college, WOU does not pay this for you.
  • You must meet WOU Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements which can be found online or at the WOU Financial Aid Office.
  • To be eligible for a deferment on prior student loans, you must maintain a total enrollment of at least six credit hours each term.
  • If you leave Western Oregon University entirely or transfer to another institution, please notify the WOU financial aid office to cancel your enrollment in DPP.
  • WOU scholarships may be prorated or adjusted based on your total WOU credits per term.
  • By submitting this form, you agree that Western Oregon University and the community college will share/release information (financial and educational) between the institutions consistent with federal and state laws, on applied and admitted students through electronic processes utilizing the OSAC/OFAX system and other institutional data protected processes.


  • You cannot accept federal aid at more than one institution in the same academic term. You also understand that WOU must the Home Institution for to receive WOU scholarships and other institutional aid.
  • You must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours at WOU to receive Fee Remissions & most WOU Scholarships.
Q: What are some of the advantages of DPP?

A: DPP allows students to take advantage of what both schools have to offer. They can combine classes together from both Western Oregon and the partner school to have full time enrollment for Financial Aid purposes. Students have access to academic advising at both campuses as well as other student services.

Q: Who would be able to get the most out DPP?

A:  Generally, students who are early on in their college career get the most benefit from the DPP program. A current Western Oregon student who may need to pick up some lower division (100 or 200 level) classes can also benefit from expanded offerings and different class sizes. Additionally, students who would like/need to save money on tuition utilize DPP, as classes taken at the community college are at community college tuition rates. 


Students may only transfer up to 124 quarter credits from community colleges. Be sure to talk with your academic advisor to determine if taking classes through DPP aligns with your academic plan.

Q: Do I need to apply and be admitted to Western before I can apply for the DPP program?

A: Yes, to have access to the WOU Portal and to register for classes you must be admitted to Western.

Q: How do I find out more information about DPP?

A: You’re in the right place! Currently, WOU has partnerships with three community colleges: Linn-Benton Community College in Albany, Chemeketa Community College in Salem and Clackamas Community College in Oregon City. To apply to be a dual enrolled student at any of these colleges, you can submit a form through your Portal account. When in your portal account, on the right side under “Financial Aid Forms,” there is a link called “Degree Partnership Program – Declaration.” Select this, and fill out the form, all you will need to know is which community college you would like to enroll at and which term you would like to begin. 

Q: Can I change my home school?

A: Yes, it is possible to change your home school. However, we discourage students from changing their home school because it could delay your financial aid disbursement. We understand there are times this may be necessary. If you need to change your home school, please contact Financial Aid via email at finaid@wou.edu or 503.838.8475  to discuss this option and its implications. 

How to submit DPP Change Homeschool Form