Degree Partnership Program
Western Oregon University & The Community College
The Degree Partnership Program (previously known as the Concurrent Enrollment program) is an opportunity for students to complete one application process for enrollment at a community college and Western Oregon University. Eligible students can receive financial aid at one institution for the combined credits at each school. The program is open to all U.S. citizens, permanent residents and eligible non-citizens pursuing their initial bachelor’s degree.
How to enroll in the Degree Partnership Program:
Enrolling in the program is easy! Simply log into your Portal home.
Under the “Financial Aid Forms” section, look for the Degree Partnership Program – Declaration
Read the terms and conditions of the program, then check the box to agree and submit your application.
Degree Partnership Program Application Deadlines:
The deadline to apply is three weeks prior to the beginning of each term. You only need to submit a declaration form one time.
Degree Partnership Program Institutions:
Chemeketa Community College
Clackamas Community College
Linn-Benton Community College
Degree Partnership Program Terms & Conditions:
WOU will be considered the Home Institution for financial aid purposes unless you otherwise notify us by submitting the Degree Partnership Program – Change Home School form. The Home Institution is where you will receive your financial aid and scholarship funds. WOU must be the Home Institution if you have an associate’s degree or higher or you want to receive aid for 300 level courses or higher. As the Home Institution, WOU’s minimum enrollment requirement is 6 credits/term.
To enroll in the Degree Partnership Program (DPP) you need to read and agree to the following conditions:
- You must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree, certificate, or transfer program taking only courses applicable to your major.
- All non-WOU classes must be transferable to your WOU degree program.
- If you change Home Institutions during the year, there may be a delay in receipt of financial aid due to the cancellation of aid at one school and awarding at the other.
- In order to be eligible for financial aid at WOU you must enroll in a minimum of 6 credits at WOU each academic term under the DPP program.
- WOU tuition and fees will be assessed based on the courses in which you register.
- You must pay both WOU and the community college. For example, if you received a refund check from WOU, you are responsible for paying the applicable tuition and fees at the community college, WOU does not pay this for you.
- You must meet WOU Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements which can be found online or at the WOU Financial Aid Office.
- To be eligible for a deferment on prior student loans, you must maintain a total enrollment of at least six credit hours each term.
- If you leave Western Oregon University entirely or transfer to another institution, please notify the WOU financial aid office to cancel your enrollment in DPP.
- WOU scholarships may be prorated or adjusted based on your total WOU credits per term.
- By submitting this form, you agree that Western Oregon University and the community college will share/release information (financial and educational) between the institutions consistent with federal and state laws, on applied and admitted students through electronic processes utilizing the OSAC/OFAX system and other institutional data protected processes.
- You cannot accept federal aid at more than one institution in the same academic term. You also understand that WOU must the Home Institution for to receive WOU scholarships and other institutional aid.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours at WOU to receive Fee Remissions & most WOU Scholarships.
For assistance with the Degree Partnership Program enrollment please contact:
The Office of Financial Aid
Phone: toll-free at 1-877-877-1593
The Office of Admissions
Phone: toll-free at 1-877-877-1593