WOU Said Yes!
Admitted Student Next Steps
Welcome to our pack!
Congratulations on your acceptance to Western Oregon University! Whether you’re a freshman or a transfer student, this page will help you understand what happens now. It’s easy to get started on your successful transition to WOU.
Learn more about your next steps for enrolling at WOU by scrolling below.
Activate your WOU Portal & Email
Complete Financial Aid
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible but no later than Feb. 1 for our early filing date. WOU’s FAFSA school code is 003209.
- Check your WOU email account often to see if Financial Aid needs any additional information to give you a formal aid package. You can create your StudentForms account by visiting wou.studentforms.com
- Fall Admits: You will receive your formal award letter via mail between Mid-March through Mid-April.
- Winter, Spring & Summer Admits: You will receive your formal award letter 6-8 weeks after FAFSA submission.
- Learn more about your rights and responsibilities as a financial aid recipient.
- Review the terms and conditions of your award letter, then accept or decline your aid in WOU Portal > Wolf Web > Financial Aid Menu
Apply for Scholarships
- You can apply for WOU scholarships through your WOU Portal by selecting the “Scholarships” icon at the top of the page. The WOU General Scholarship Application will be open between November 1 and March 1. Campus departments may have additional scholarships that can be submitted until May 1st. A list of scholarships and eligibility criteria is available at wou.edu/scholarships.
- Admitted first year students with a 3.0+ GPA. are automatically awarded Merit Awards based on incoming GPA. Incoming transfer students are awarded Merit Awards with a 3.5+ GPA.
Provide Required Documents & Materials
- Intent to Register: Admitted students for Fall terms are required to notify WOU of their decision to enroll, defer to a later term or cancel their admission using the Intent to Register form, available in their WolfDen Application Portal
- Final Official High School Transcripts: First-Year students must submit final official high school transcripts with senior year grades and graduation date posted by September 1st.
- Provide Other College/University Transcripts: If you are transferring credits from another college or university, you will need to submit official transcripts to our Registrars Office.
- Revolving Charge Account Contract: The revolving charge contract is a student’s promise to pay their charges, and required for all students. It also outlines the option to pay installments. The revolving charge contract is accessible in your WOU Portal in your Business Services channel.
- Health History Form and Immunization Information: WOU is required by law to ensure all students submit health history and immunization records. This form is available in your WOU Portal, by clicking the Medicat Patient Portal, then click “Forms”.
Intent to Register: Fall 2023
We are excited to have you join our Wolf Pack at WOU! We’re confident you’ll find the support, resources and community you need at WOU to earn your degree and find your career. If you are a Fall 2023 applicant, let us know your plans! We do not require an enrollment deposit.
Looking for next steps?
To learn more about your enrollment steps including submitting your housing reservation, applying to support programs (including Honors, TRiOs etc.), and register for your orientation date, visit our PACK Prepare Steps by clicking below.