Sexual Misconduct Resources
Sexual Misconduct Resources
Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment and Stalking
Western Oregon University strives to provide a safe environment in which students can pursue their education free from the detrimental effects of sexual misconduct, which includes sexual assault, sexual harassment and stalking. Therefore, WOU seeks to educate students, faculty, and staff about these issues and to provide a means of recourse for those students who believe they have been the recipients of unwanted sexual behavior. WOU reserves the right to respond with whatever measures it deems appropriate to prevent sexual misconduct and preserve the safety and well-being of students, faculty and staff.
This site is designed to assist students who are recipients of unwanted sexual behavior by providing available resources, reporting options and other information related to sexual misconduct.
Click HERE if you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted.
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, has experienced sexual harassment, or some other form of sexual misconduct, we encourage you to report the situation to at least one of the options below. All of the following options are available to you, and can be pursued individually or simultaneously. An Advocate at Abby’s House can help talk through your options and can accompany you through the process of accessing any of these reporting services:
- You can make a police report to the Monmouth Police Department (503-838-1109) or the Independence Police Department (503-838-1214). If this is an emergency, call 911.
- You can make a report to Campus Public Safety (503-838-8481).
- You can file a report with the Office of Student Conduct (503-838-8930).
- If the incident involves WOU faculty or staff, you can file a complaint with the Office of Human Resources (503-838-8490).
- You can file a sexual harassment report with Heather Mercer, Interim Associate Vice President of Human Resources and Affirmative Action, who is Western Oregon University’s Title IX Coordinator (503-838-8963).
- You can file an Anonymous Report which will generally be used for the purpose of statistical reporting.
|Student Health and Counseling Center||503-838-8313|
|Campus Public Safety||503-838-8481|
|Office of Student Conduct||503-838-8930|
|Office of Multicultural Student Services and Programs||503-838-8737|
|Office of International Programs and Scholars||503-838-8425|
|Office of Vice President for Student Affairs||503-838-8221|
|Athletics – Compliance Officer||503-838-8121|
|Mid-Valley Women’s Crisis Services||503-399-7722; or 1-866-399-7722|
|SABLE House (Dallas)||503-623-4033; or 1-866-305-3030|
|Polk County Victim’s Assistance||503-623-9268|
|Salem Planned Parenthood||503-363-8732|
|West Valley Hospital (Dallas)||503-623-8301|
|Good Samaritan Hospital (Corvallis)||541-768-5111: or 1-888-872-0760|