WOLF RIDE: WOU's Safe Ride Program
What is WOLF Ride?
A free service for WOU students
The mission of WOLF Ride: WOU’s Safe Ride program is to provide a complimentary and reliable shuttle service to students of Western Oregon University who would otherwise walk alone at night and risk their safety or possible assault. WOLF Ride provides a safer environment for all students by increasing public awareness of our services and the dangers of assault. WOLF Ride is fully funded by incidental fees. The WOLF Ride program is administered by the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Request A Ride
To request a ride, please call 503.428.7238. You must be a current WOU student. Students can call to request a ride between the hours of 5:00pm and 10:00pm, Monday through Friday (closed Saturdays/Sundays). Ride requests are taken on a first come, first served basis (there is no “route”). There is only one van. The WOLF Ride van is equipped with a wheelchair lift. If you call prior to operating hours or the driver cannot take your call, please leave a message stating the following:
- Your name
- Location at which you would like to be picked up
- The time you would like to be picked up
- A number at which you can be reached (the driver will call to confirm your ride upon receipt of the message)
- Be prepared to tell the driver whether you are alone or how many students are in your group (at this time, only 2 riders allowed in the van during rides).
- When you get into the van, be prepared to tell the driver your destination and your V# (WOU student ID number)
Rides are First Come, First Served
Approved Use of WOLF Ride
Where can WOLF Ride drop or pick me up?
Approved Use of WOLF Ride
- Transportation to/from the grocery store
- Transportation to/from a restaurant
- Transportation to/from WOU campus
- Transportation to/from seeing a movie
- Transportation to/from a residence within WOLF Ride boundaries
WOLF Ride is not to be used as a designated driver service.
Intoxicated students will be refused service.
Trips to and from Salem, OR
Need a ride to or from Salem, OR at the end/beginning of the term? WOLF Ride provides trips to the Salem airport, train station, or bus station.
Winter/Spring Term Special Rides:
Students can request a ride to and from Salem, OR ($15.00 per trip) for the following dates:
- March 17-19, 2021
- March 27-28, 2021
If you would like to request a ride during, complete our online request form or stop by the VPSA office (WUC 203) for assistance. Rides are as early as 6AM and as late as 8PM (depending on ride reservations/capacity).
Please note we are only able to accommodate 2 passenger per special ride trip at this time. Reservation deadlines are:
- March 12, 2021 by 4:59pm
NOTE: payment must be received to confirm request ride. Payments can be made in cash or check. No refunds for cancellations.
Request Van Rental
Internal van request
Have an upcoming club trip? Traveling around the area on WOU business with a group? Visit the University Use of Van website for rental information, request form, and internal use policy.
If you have questions regarding the WOLF Ride program (no ride requests), please call the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at 503.838.8221.