Monday-Friday | 5pm-10pm
The mission of WOLF Ride: WOU’s Safe Ride program is to provide a complimentary and reliable shuttle service to students of Western Oregon University who would otherwise walk alone at night and risk their safety or possible assault. WOLF Ride provides a safer environment for all students by increasing public awareness of our services and the dangers of assault.
-WOLF Ride concluded spring term service on Tuesday, June 9, 2020. If you need assistance, contact Student Affairs at 503-838-8221.
-Beginning May 26, 2020, in accordance with Oregon Health Authority face covering guidelines for business, transit and the public, effective immediately WOLF Ride employees and riders are required to wear a face mask/covering when in transit.
-As of May 22, 2020, Polk County has been approved to reopen under Oregon’s Phase 1. WOLF Ride will continue to provide rides under the following conditions:
- No more than one (1) individual per trip or request.
- Limit requests to approved Oregon baseline areas and Oregon Phase 1 approved areas.
- Pick up/drop off locations include grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, banks, restaurants, personal care services businesses (e.g., salons, barber shops), gyms, local gatherings of 25 or less, Arbor Park, or residence in Independence or Monmouth.
*NOTE: given the State of Oregon and University’s effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, WOU students are encouraged to stay home. While WOLF Ride will be operating, we encourage you to only request a WOLF Ride trip for essential needs. We thank you for your understanding.
The WOLF Ride program is operated by the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs. Students can call 503.428.7238 during service hours to request a ride between the hours of 5:00pm and 12:00am, Monday through Sunday (not applicable spring term 2020). Ride requests are taken on a first come, first served basis (there is no “route”). There is only one van. The WOLF Ride van is equipped with a wheelchair lift. If you call prior to operating hours or the driver cannot take your call, please leave a message stating the following:
- Your name
- Location at which you would like to be picked up
- The time you would like to be picked up
- A number at which you can be reached (the driver will call to confirm your ride upon receipt of the message)
- Be prepared to tell the driver whether you are alone or how many students are in your group.
- When you get into the van, be prepared to tell the driver your destination and your V# (WOU student ID number)
To request a ride, please call 503.428.7238.
You must be a current WOU student.
Rides are First Come, First Served
FREE SERVICE FOR WOU STUDENTS
Spring Term Finals Week/Spring Term Special Rides: Students can request a ride to and from Salem, OR ($15.00 cost per trip). If you would like to request a ride during Spring Term finals week (June 10-12, 2020), please contact our office (online request form is currently unavailable) or stop by the Vice President of Student Affairs office (WUC 203) for assistance. Please note we are only able to accommodate 1 passenger per trip at this time. Reservation deadline is June 5, 2020.
NOTE: payment must be received to confirm request ride. Payments can be made in cash or check. No refunds for cancellations.
Approved Use of WOLF Ride:
WOLF Ride is not to be used as a designated driver service.
Intoxicated students will be refused service.
Link to Request Rental: University use of Van
If you have questions regarding the WOLF Ride program (no ride requests), please call the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at 503.838.8221.