How to Apply
To apply for participation in NSE, follow the following steps:
- Schedule an appointment to meet with WOU’s NSE Coordinator (remote available!).
- Visit the NSE website, nse.org, to gather more information about the program or participating schools.
- Review your financial resources. The NSE Budget Worksheet form can help you plan a budget.
- Fill out the NSE application (available below) and schedule an appointment with WOU’s NSE Coordinator to turn in application.
- Arrange for 1 letter of recommendation form to be sent via email or submit with your application to:
WOU NSE Coordinator, Student Affairs
Western Oregon University, WUC Room 203
345 N. Monmouth Ave.
Monmouth, OR 97361
- Turn in completed application (form, essay, recommendation) and $200 non-refundable application fee.
- Start your FAFSA application in October for next academic year if you anticipate paying your host school’s tuition and fees (NSE Tuition Hose Payment) and you plan on using Financial Aid, list all university placement choices and Western Oregon University (WOU Federal School Code 003209) on your FAFSA application (FAFSA codes are listed at nse.org on each member university’s page).
Forms for NSE Study Away
Links to the application forms to help you start the process to study somewhere else around North America!
NSE Priority Application 2021-22 (PDF — fillable)
NSE Mid Year Application 2021-22 (PDF — fillable)
NSE Recommendation Form (PDF — fillable)
Application Deadlines for NSE Study Away
The priority placement application deadline is February 12, 2021 5pm PST for study-away placements beginning the following academic year (2021-22). This includes fall, winter, and spring terms or fall and spring semesters. The fee for application is $200.00 non-refundable. Application deadline for direct placement (mid year placements — typically after priority placement has passed) various; connect with the NSE Coordinator for more information.