Division of Student Affairs
Home » National Student Exchange (NSE) » How to ApplyMenu
How to Apply
Links to the application forms for priority placement (traditional application process) or mid year application (post conference, direct placement). Please ensure you are logged into your WOU Portal and WOU Gmail in order to access the NSE application (they are in Google Form format).
Here is a sample application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQrce3aCjiWpLXTLo7ihQOZSJ-JPGzK9/view?usp=sharing
Priority Application: Feburary 17, 2023
Mid-Year: The mid-year placement application is open and deadlines various (typically late May – late June). Review the campus profiles for availability and deadlines. Connect with the NSE Coordinator for more information.
To apply for participation in NSE, follow the following steps:
- Schedule an appointment to meet with WOU’s NSE Coordinator and discuss how NSE fits into your goals and plans.
- Visit the NSE website, nse.org, to gather more information about the program or participating schools.
- Review your financial resources. The NSE Budget Worksheet form can help you plan a budget. We encourage you to meet with a financial aid advisor prior to applying, to learn more about how your financial aid may assist you.
- Fill out the NSE application; be sure you have already met with WOU’s NSE Coordinator.
- Turn in completed online application (form and essay) and $200 non-refundable application fee by the application deadline.
- Start your FAFSA application in October for next academic year if you anticipate paying your host school’s tuition and fees (NSE Tuition Hose Payment) and you plan on using Financial Aid, list all university placement choices and Western Oregon University (WOU Federal School Code 003209) on your FAFSA application (FAFSA codes are listed at nse.org on each member university’s page).