Tuesday, December 13, 2022
3:15 - 5:15 p.m.
Business 3:30 - 5 p.m.
Due to winter and faculty calendar issues, this is a Zoom only format meeting
- 4.1 Faculty Senate President's Report (PDF) (Steve Scheck)
- 4.2 University President's Report (PDF) (Jesse Peters)
- 4.3 Provost's Report (PDF) (Rob Winningham, unable to attend)
- 4.4 Interinstitutional Faculty Senate (no report) (Cheryl Beaver/Emily Plec)
Program changes in music
2022/2023-18 P15249 Music, B.M. (Major - BM)
2022/2023-19 P15251 Music, B.A. (Major - BA)
2022/2023-20 P15253 Jazz Studies Minor
2022/2023-21 P15254 Music Minor
Program change in M. S. Ed. in Ed Tech
2022/2023-22 P15297 Educational Technology, M.S.Ed. (Major)
2022/2023-23 P15395 Healthcare Administration Graduate Certificate
First Year Seminar Assessment Project -- Leanne Merrill
The mission of the Faculty Senate is to lead faculty in fulfilling their responsibilities in the shared governance of the university and to represent faculty interests to university and community stakeholders. The Faculty Senate serves as a liaison between faculty and administration. Responsibilities include the following:
- ensuring that academic freedom is encouraged and protected;
- overseeing curriculum development that promotes student learning in alignment with identified university student learning goals and outcomes;
- participating in the review and implementation of the strategic plan of the university;
- informing faculty about university policies, procedures, and substantive changes made by the administration; and
- making recommendations to faculty and administration on policies to improve the learning environment.