Tuesday, October 10, 2023
3:15 - 5:15 p.m.
Business 3:30 - 5 p.m.
This first meeting of the academic year will be held as a ZOOM-only meeting.
Remaining meetings during the 2023 - 2024 AY will be held in the Columbia Room of the Werner University Center
Also available by Zoom
Meeting Agenda (DOCX) (PDF)
- Faculty Senate President's Report (PDF) (Steve Scheck)
- University President's Report (PDF) (Jesse Peters)
- Provost's Report (PDF) (Jose Coll)
- Interinstitutional Faculty Senate (PDF) (Cheryl Beaver/Emily Plec)
No old business
New Business (tabled from June)
June 2023 draft of Emerit Policy -- to be continued in fall 2023 (Executive Committee)
New university policy on Conflict of Interest in Sponsored Projects. (Hillary Fouts)
- Closing discussion items from the floor
- Call for future business items
Chronicle of Higher Education Feb 2023 article on public regionals vs. public flagships.
College Restructure Taskforce Final Report December 14, 2022
The mission of the Faculty Senate is to lead faculty in fulfilling their responsibilities in the shared governance of the university and to represent faculty interests to university and community stakeholders. The Faculty Senate serves as a liaison between faculty and administration. Responsibilities include the following:
- ensuring that academic freedom is encouraged and protected;
- overseeing curriculum development that promotes student learning in alignment with identified university student learning goals and outcomes;
- participating in the review and implementation of the strategic plan of the university;
- informing faculty about university policies, procedures, and substantive changes made by the administration; and
- making recommendations to faculty and administration on policies to improve the learning environment.