PACK Welcome (Prepare, Advise, Connect, Know) is a series of orientation activities for admitted students beginning in the summer or fall. With personalized academic advising and a team dedicated to helping you prepare for campus life, PACK Welcome is your opportunity to get a jumpstart on your journey at Western. Check out the timeline below for more information!
New Student CheckList
Before you begin your classes for Fall Term, there are a few things you need to do. Use the checklist below to make sure you’re ready for beginning of your time at WOU!
1. WOU Said Yes!
2. Intent to Register
Complete the Intent to Register Form
- WOU doesn’t require a deposit, but we do require you to complete the Intent to Register form as confirmation so that we know you’re committed to joining us this fall.
- If your plans have changed and you want to defer to another term or cancel your admission altogether, please let us know by on the Intent to Regiser form.
- This form will require you to login using your credentials you set up when you applied
Reserve your spot in Housing!
- The earlier you apply, the greater chances you have of getting into your preferred space.
- Roommate matching will happen in June 2024, and you will be emailed with more information as the time gets closer.
- Western Oregon has a first-year live-on requirement, because we know that living on campus your first year helps you get and stay connected—and do better in classes! You can learn more here.
- Did you know that almost half of our on campus residents are either returning upperclass students or transfer students? With a variety of housing options centrally located to both campus and Downtown Monmouth, living on campus can be an easy alternative to apartment hunting.
Next Steps Coming Soon!
Check back soon for next steps! We’ll continue to add and update this checklist as we get closer to fall!
Know: PACK Welcome Week
Before you dive into your first term of classes, we have a jam-packed week of exciting activities to help you become acclimated to campus life. From speakers, to socials, to signing your name on the sidewalk, join your fellow new wolves to begin making your mark at WOU!