Dance Major Scholarship Auditions will be held on the last Saturday in April at 10:00 AM in Maple Hall. YOU MUST RESERVE A SPOT TO PARTICIPATE.
Complete the General Scholarship Application on https://wou.academicworks.com. You must have a WOU Portal username and password to access the General Scholarship Application. This will automatically place your application into all of the categories that you are eligible for.
2019-2020 scholarship applications open Dec 1st, 2018 and close on March 1st 2019.
Please contact Professor Cynthia Guttierrez-Garner (email@example.com 503-838-9513) to reserve a spot in the dance scholarship and placement audition class
Scholarships are available for both new, incoming dance majors as well as continuing dance majors. In order to be eligible for a dance scholarship you must:
• be a full time student at WOU
• be a declared dance major
• have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
• maintain a cumulative 3.0 or higher GPA to continue a renewable scholarship
• attend the spring audition class
• submit an essay stating why you are pursuing a Dance Major degree (Incoming students only)
Scholarships are awarded based on cumulative grade point average and technical ability. Students wishing to be
considered for a dance scholarship must participate in the dance scholarship audition. The audition class is taught by WOU dance faculty and consists of a ballet barre, and an eclectic mix of modern, jazz, hip-hop and improvisation.