Paying for College
At Western Oregon University, summer session is the first term of the academic year for financial aid eligibility. To apply for summer term federal aid, submit the 2020-2021 FAFSA application.
Important Federal Student Loan Information:
Federal Student Loans are disbursed across all eligible terms of attendance.
If you attend at least half-time in summer term and accept Federal Student Loans, your loans will be divided evenly over all four terms of attendance. If you accept a total of $5,500 in Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loans, disbursements will be split as follows:
|Summer 20: $1,375||Fall 20: $1,375||Winter 21: $1,375||Spring 21: $1,375|
Note: Pell Grants are now available year-round to eligible students.
Additional WOU Summer Session Information:
- Summer term is unique from other terms at WOU, as it includes eight separate sessions that financial aid monitors in terms of enrollment and aid eligibility. The session lengths are listed below.
- 10 week session
- 8 week session
- 6 week session
- 4 week sessions
- 3 week sessions
- You must enroll in all summer courses for which you intend to receive financial aid by the start of the term.
- Your enrollment for financial aid awarding will “lock” on the second Friday of the term and your aid adjusted to match your enrollment level. Per federal regulations, NO increases for late enrollment can be made after this date.
- This includes Degree Partnership Program courses with the community college.
- If you register for classes in later starting sessions which you later decide to drop, your aid will be adjusted. Once the term begins and if you’re thinking you might drop course(s) from one of the later starting sessions, it’s best to drop the class before it ever begins, as it will help you avoid having to repay funds!
- If you register for sequential sessions, your aid will be spread across the time frame for all sessions. If you drop one of the sessions, your aid may be adjusted. Again, it’s best to drop before the course ever begins.
- If your first course for summer term is in one of the later starting sessions, your financial aid will disburse the week before that portion of the term begins.
Financial Aid Office
toll free 1-877-877-1593 | or e-mail: email@example.com | Location: Administration Building, Room 310