4. Institutional Reports
- 4.1 Faculty Senate President’s Report (DOCX) (PDF) (Elisa Maroney)
- 4.2 University President’s Report (No written report) (Jay Kenton)
- 4.3 Provost’s Report (DOCX) (Rob Winningham)
- 4.4 Interinstitutional Faculty Senate (Cheryl Beaver, Emily Plec)
- 4.5 Faculty Senate Nominations Committee (Leigh Graziano)
5. Old Business
6. New Business
- 2022-21 Information Technology Certificate (Tad Shannon)
- 2022-22 Music Therapy Concentration (Letter of Support) (James Redden)
7. Informational Presentations
- Faculty Senate AUMPathway (David Foster, Misty Weitzel, Amber Deets)
- Assessment Practices (Summary) (Mike Baltzley)
- May is National Foster Care Awareness Month! wou.edu/foster
- On Tuesday, May 10 from 6:30 – 8 p.m., WOU’s Fostering Success initiative is co-hosting withEvery Child Polk County an “Explore Fostering” event for interested and prospective foster families. Free pizza and childcare provided. Willamette Room, WUC. If you or someone you know has thought, “I might consider fostering some day,” this is the program for you! Learn the nuts and bolts of being a foster parent, including how to become certified.
- On Friday, May 20 at 1 p.m., Fostering Success will be hosting a luncheon for current and prospective foster students in the Calapooia Room, WUC. Visiting students and their supporters have the option of going on a campus tour following the luncheon. If you know a foster student at WOU or in the community who might like to join us, please direct them towou.edu/foster or to Dr. Emily Plec (email@example.com; 503-838-8819).
- All throughout the month of May, we’ll be fundraising by holding a raffle in the WUC and accepting donations to Fostering Success via our website you can also purchase raffle tickets online)or at wou.edu/give. Also keep an eye out for the teal bows on trees around campus, which signify our commitment to supporting educational opportunities for current and former foster youth!
- Celebration of Identities Dinner in the Grove (if rain, the Pacific Room), Tuesday, May 17, from 5-6:30. There will be games and food.
- There will be two more Faculty Senate meetings, May 24, and June 14. New senators should plan to attend these meetings.