Telecommunications provides telephone services and network data connections to the WOU campus.
To request changes to your phone or network services, call the UCS Service Request desk at 503-838-8925, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Recurring Rates
- Analog Phone: $22 / month
- Digital Phone: $26 / month
- IP Phone: $26 / month
- Fax / Stand-alone Voicemail / Modem / etc: $19 / month
- Wired Network Connection: $16 / month
- WiFi access for secondary use: $13 / month per person
- (e.g. access from smartphone, tablet, laptop when mobile)
- WiFi access for primary use: $21 / month
- (e.g. a daily-use laptop that does not use a wired connection when docked/stationary)
- NOTE: The WiFi network wou-guest is for use by prospective students, visiting speakers, commercial partners, and the greater Western community.
- LONG DISTANCE: Western’s local calling area comprises phone numbers in Dallas, Falls City, Independence, and Salem. Other US numbers are charged a rate of $0.05 per minute for long distance.
Labor and Materials Charge
Work performed by a Telecommunications Technician is charged to a department or project index by the following rates:
Business Hours: $60/hr per technician
Evening and Weekend: $90/hr per technician if required for the project
Student Worker: $20/hr per student if required for the project.
A typical line activation is completed in one to two hours. Estimates can be provided for more complex work orders.
Any new phone or accessory required for a work order is billed at cost to the customer’s index.
Note: there is no charge for repairing or disconnecting services
Services provided by Telecommunication Services include:
- Activating new or relocating existing telephone stations
- note: moving an existing extension requires a Telecom technician
- Repair for voice and data lines
- Telephone and voice mail assistance
- Long distance authorization codes
- Conference speakerphone and audio conference reservation
- Telephone and network service billing
- Calling card checkout
Cellphone Forwarding Information
Mobile and remote staff and faculty now have the option of linking a cellphone to a WOU deskphone extension. This feature makes it easier to reach highly-mobile members of campus, with the convenience and privacy of only having to call a single WOU phone number.
To submit a work order to Telecommunications
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Include the following information in your e-mail:
- Department name
- Contact name and extension
- Index to charge
- Description of work to be requested
- 6400 and 6220 series button template
- Current Cell Phone Allowance form (under “Employment Forms”)
- Long distance dialing instructions
- Phone instructions for IP phones
- 6400 series instruction sheet
- 6200 series instruction sheet
- All IP and digital stations at WOU can initiate six party audio conferences.
- WOU Faculty/Staff Directory
- Voice Recognition Directory (dial by name): ext. 8-9555