All of your file cabinets with all their files, digitized and stored securely for easy retrieval.
- Use your own copier
We will set up your copier and/or desktop scanner for scanning those files into our system.
- Secure Storage
Your documents will be viewable only by the people in your department that are given access.
- Enterprise Level Document Management
Your documents will be stored in DocStar, our enterprise document management system.
- Department employees who are not in the 3 groups mentioned below will have read-only access to all relevant department documents.
- Indexers provide information about each packet that allows users to quickly search and retrieve any single or group of documents. This work is usually done by student workers for departments with a large volume of paper that needs digitizing. Once indexing is complete, indexers can have read-only or no access, depending on the preferences of the department.
- Approvers are are the people in the department who verify that the indexing is correct before allowing a packet to be archived in its final desination. For departments with smaller volumes of paper, Approvers and Indexers are usually the same person. Approvers are able to modify content, annotate, redact, and a few other other functions that Indexers are not able to do.
- Admins are the ones who can move documents between folders, delete documents, view redacted information, as well as everything that Approvers can do.
- PDF Uploads
Users will be able to upload fillable PDF files, via the web, that go straight into DocStar. These documents will be automatically indexed and bypass the need for indexing.
- Custom WordPress Shortcodes
UCS can provide departments with custom WordPress shortcodes that enable them to create file upload forms on their WordPress site.
- Custom Page Design
In the case of special needs, UCS can also create custom web forms for your department.
- AP: Used for preparing and storing invoices to be forwarded to Business Services.
- Procurement Card Reports: Used for preparing and storing PCard reports before sending them to Business Services.
- General Files: Used for all documents that do not fall into the above workflows. These documents will be routed according to rules that you specify.
Request a Project
- Click HERE to go to the Document Management Project Request page and begin your journey towards a paperless workplace.