- Health care is available to all WOU students registered for one or more credits of in-person/hybrid Monmouth campus classes and have been assessed the Student Health Fee. Students enrolled in only online classes may opt in for services by being assessed the Health Fee.
- All clinical services are provided by licensed nurse practitioners and are supported by medical assistants
- Appointments are free! Fees may be assessed for certain services. For a complete list, see the 22-23 OAR fee schedule.
- The SHCC offers FREE cold and flu kits (medicine, thermometers, throat lozenges, etc.) to help keep you healthy during the school year! Stop by and pick one up today.
- The SHCC also offers FREE condoms.
Please call 503-838-8313 or stop by the Student Health & Counseling center.
Reminder: Due to a high volume of missed appointments, we would like to remind our clients that if you do not cancel your appointment, your student account will be charged a “Missed appointment fee” of $50. This applies for both counseling and medical appointments. If you have questions about how to cancel an appointment, please contact our main desk at (503) 838-8313.
*Appointment availability may be subject to center case load and provider schedule availability.
Types of medical services offered:
- Treatment of acute injury and illness
- Assist with the management of chronic illness
- Women’s health care: contraceptive counseling, pap smears, breast exams, pregnancy testing and counseling
- STI testing, counseling, and confidential HIV testing
- Limited laboratory testing
- Limited medication dispensing
- Sports and work physicals
- Nutritional Counseling
- Excision and wart removal
- Health Promotion education and programming
OREGON CONTRACEPTIVE CARE (C-CARE)
SHCC is pleased to participate in a publicly funded program called Oregon Contraceptive Care (CCare). This program provides free contraceptive management services, birth control and reproductive health care for those eligible. Most WOU students will qualify and receive this care at no cost. You must have a valid Social Security Number to participate.