The Student Health and Counseling Center
- COVID Support Group - The COVID support group takes place Wednesdays at 10am. This group is through Zoom. Call 503-838-8313 or email email@example.com if you are interested. The group facilitator will then contact you with directions and the Zoom link. This group will continue through the summer term.
- “I Can’t Breathe” Support Group - this drop in support group will take place Wednesday June 10th from 3:00 - 4:30pm. Here is the Zoom link to the group. You must be a WOU student to participate.
Summer 2020 Updates:
Our new summer schedule will be Monday through Thursday from 8:00am - 5:00pm. These new hours start June 15 and end August 31.
All summer classes are online, therefore no mandatory health fee will be assessed to your account. However, students may still access SHCC services by choosing to pay the $139 health fee. In order to be eligible for SHCC services, in addition to paying the fee, you must:
- Be enrolled in 1+ credits for summer OR
- Have completed spring term AND be enrolled in fall term
We are open and will continue to serve you. In order to practice social distancing and to keep our staff and students healthy, we have made the following changes:
Health Promotion Services
- There will be no health promotion services this summer. This included wellness coaching and the R&R room.
- All scheduled appointments will be by phone. The counselor will call you at the number we have on file.
- Crisis services are still available. Call 503-838-8313 to make that appointment at the time of your crisis and a counselor will call you back.
- After hours crisis services are still available. Contact Campus Public Safety to connect to an on-call counselor.
- We will telephone triage as many as possible.
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m. daily – urgent visits only.
- 1-4 p.m. daily – sick visits only.
- Anyone with a fever subjective or checked with thermometer currently or in the past 48 hours must call 503-838-8313 to speak to one of our providers, who will instruct you on what to do next.
- In addition to communication via phone, medical staff is working to increase their ability to communicate remotely. You can secure message a medical provider with questions you may have regarding your health. To do so, click on this link: https://wou.medicatconnect.com/ . Log in with the same user name and password as your student portal. Click on “Messages/Compose New.”
- If you have an emergency, call 911.
You will continue to get reminders about your appointment, so please call and cancel if you do not wish to have your appointment to avoid being charged the $50 no show fee.
If you have any questions or are unclear about our services at any time, please visit our website or contact us at 503-838-8313. We want everyone to be safe and well. The services explained above will be in effect until further notice.
We are located across from the Woodcock Education Building, and next to the Winters Math and Nursing Building. For appointments stop by or call 503-838-8313.
Make an appointment with a Wellness Coach to talk about your aspirations and goals and develop a plan to get you there! Wellness Coaching appointments can be made online
Rest, relaxation, rejuvenation, reflection, or revitalization...whatever you need, check out our new relaxation space! Students can make 45 minute appointments to enjoy a massage chair, therapy light, biofeedback equipment, or just a calming environment to listen to music. Click to make your appointment!
MORE INFO ON BOTH NEW SERVICES UNDER OUR HEALTH PROMOTION DEPARTMENT
Tell Us How We Did:
Take a short survey to tell us what you thought of your visit to the medical, counseling, or health promotion services.
Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC)
We are looking for students to get involved with our advisory committee. This committee will provide direction and feedback for the planning and services of the Student Health and Counseling Center. This is a low commitment way to get involved and make an impact as a student!
student health & counseling center: 503.838.8313
Our center offers exceptional care in helping students stay healthy and well in their academic pursuits. Our services incorporate a holistic approach including medical services, counseling services, and health promotion. Our department takes pride in their collaborative and educational approach to student care.
We are open Monday-Thursday 8:00-5:00 Friday 9:00-5:00.
Statement on Current Events – SHCC joins the WOU community in expressing our sadness, pain, and sympathy to all who have been impacted by the recent race related tragedies that have occurred across our nation. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment and discrimination is not consistent with our values or mission.
During this time of unrest, protest, and trauma, it can be expected for one to experience a range of feelings and emotions, such as shock, fear, anger, and helplessness. SHCC is committed to affirming and providing care to you, our students, who have been impacted by trauma. We encourage you to contact our office if you, or someone you know, would like support.