Beginning summer 2023, all WOU enrolled students will be eligible for services through the Health Fee. You must be located in Oregon to access services.
All services are confidential and students have access to unlimited appointments.
How much is the health fee?
The health fee is $162 for students taking in-person or hybrid classes on the Monmouth campus. Online students, and those taking classes on the Salem campus, pay a reduced rate of $120. The fee is billed to your student account.
Same day crisis appointments are available daily and do not require an appointment. If you think you (or a friend) is in crisis, please get to a safe place and call us at (503) 838-8313 or Campus Public Safety (503) 838-9000. All WOU students are able to access crisis services.
Frequently asked questions:
FAQ – for a list of our most frequently asked questions from students at WOU.
If you would like to make an appointment call 503-838-8313.
For any additional costs or fees, see our 23-24 OAR fee schedule.
Types of counseling services offered:
- Counselors are state licensed professional counselors, registered associate counselors and graduate-level counseling interns.
- For the 2023/2024 academic year, we have 3 licensed professional counselors, assisted by the graduate intern students.
- The most commonly diagnosed mental health illness in the USA is anxiety.
- Counseling in the community (outside of the SHCC) can run from $150-200 an hour. Because our appointments are free, college is a great, affordable time to try counseling!
If you would like to make an appointment, or for more information, call 503-838-8313 or stop by the counseling center. Students in crisis are seen as soon as possible.
Support Groups & Workshops
Throughout the year there will be opportunities to join a group or attend workshops offered by our counseling staff. Students that pay the SHCC fee may attend at no cost, but some groups may require an intake appointment prior to joining. Past topics include, but are not limited to:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Support Group
- Self Care Group
- Grief and Loss Workshop Series
- Sexual Assault Survivors Support Group
- Student of Color
What groups are happening this term?