Student Health & Counseling Center
Home » Parents » Helping Your Student SucceedMenu
Helping Your Student Succeed
- Students can receive counseling services as long as they are a student at WOU. We offer counseling for depression, anxiety, adjustment disorders, PTSD, relationship and academic concerns and much more.
- Find out more about our counseling services here.
Western Oregon University places high priority on preventing the spread of infectious diseases such as influenza, HPV, meningitis, MRSA, norovirus, pertussis, Coronavirus, and scabies.
- To promote the health and well-being of the campus community, Student Health and Counseling Services offers preventive information on these diseases, as well as supplying any immunizations that are available for specific diseases.
WOU does not provide medical insurance to students.
Following are the recommended immunization schedules for adults and adolescents. These schedules are approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/recs/index.html).
Is It a Cold or the Flu?
Different viruses cause the cold and flu. The two sicknesses share symptoms, but flu is more severe. Below are some ways to help your student distinguish if they have a cold or the flu.
- Cold – runny nose, mild aches, mild cough, sore throat, may have a low fever.
- Flu – fever is usually 101 degrees or higher, more severe aches, headache, mild runny nose.
For more information about our services, please contact our staff at:
Phone: (503) 838-8313