Home » Chemistry Degree Programs at Western Oregon University » Student Activities » Research in ChemistryMenu
Research in Chemistry
research in Chemistry
Gaining research experience as an undergraduate can be really valuable. It can help you:
- Develop Research Skills: Participating in research can help you develop important skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and data analysis
- Enhance your Resume: Undergraduate research experience can be a valuable addition to your resume, as it shows that you are capable of conducting independent research and have a strong foundation in chemistry.
- Explore Career Options: Participating in research can also help you explore different career options and determine if you are interested in pursuing a career in academia or research.
- Get Published: If you make a significant contribution to a research project, you may have the opportunity to co-author a publication, which can be a valuable addition to your academic portfolio.
- Work Closely with Faculty: Undergraduate research often involves working closely with faculty members, which can be a great opportunity to build relationships and get mentorship.
- Make a Difference: Undergraduate research can also be a way to make a meaningful contribution to the field of chemistry and potentially make a difference in the world.
There are many opportunities to get involved in undergraduate research. Students within the natural sciences are involved in both on-campus and off-campus opportunities to conduct scientific research. If you are interested in gaining research experience please speak with a Chemistry Faculty Member about opportunities.