Welcome to Werner University Center’s sustainability page!
What we currently do:
- Utilize “green” chemicals in cleaning throughout the WUC
- Utilize waterless urinals in two bathrooms in the WUC, saving 1000’s of gallons of water.
- Utilizing automatic towel dispensers in bathrooms to cut down on waste
- Utilizing auto-shut off sinks to reduce water usage
- Using more efficient T8 and LED light bulbs in the building to cut energy usage and disengaging some office light bulbs to reduce energy consumption.
- Winter 2009 – replace chiller with a more environmentally-friendly model that will use less energy.
- Dual-flush toilets throughout the facility – reducing water usage when possible
- Recycling stations in public areas and conference rooms
- Tenants in the facility have worked on sustainability plans to reduce, reuse and recycle more in their areas!
- Adding auto light sensors to many areas within the WUC to turn lights off when not in use.
- Bike Repair station located outside the Pacific Room