Equal Opportunity & Access
Diversity and Inclusion
At Western we strive to have a diverse and inclusive campus. While Affirmative Action does not specifically deal with diversity it does have a large impact on it – learn more about Western Oregon University’s Diversity and Inclusion Plan.
It is the policy of Western Oregon University to provide a campus environment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity or national origin, age, gender orientation, sex (including sexual harassment), gender, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, veteran of the Vietnam era, or disability or any other status protected under law.
If you are experiencing any sort of harassment please contact Human Resources at (503) 838-8131 or for a more urgent issue please contact Campus Public Safety at (503) 838-8481. Other great resources to consider are Abby’s house, and the Health and Counseling Center for students or Cascade Centers EAP for both Faculty and Staff.
► Affirmative Action Plans
► Human Resources Policies
- Consensual Relationship
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Title IX (Coming Soon)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Accommodations: Planning and Remodels/Renovations
- Disability Documentation
- Office of Disability Services for Students
- Provision of Support Services and Accommodations: Community Members
- Provision of Support Services and Accommodations: Faculty and Staff
- Reasonable Accommodation Policy
- Employee Accommodation Request Form