SSA Tutoring is offering virtual/online tutoring only for the Fall term. Please click the following link to learn more about how to schedule an appointment: Zoom Tutoring.
SSA Peer-Tutoring offers support in over 20 course subjects, along with standalone support for Study Skills, Test-Taking, Note-Taking, and Time Management. Peer tutors are fellow WOU students who are knowledgeable in course content, academic skills, professor expectations for coursework, and campus resources. Students who get tutoring early in the term are more likely to persist, succeed, and enjoy their academic experience here at WOU!
SSA Tutoring covers all course subjects aside from Math, Hard Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science), Computer Science, Writing, and English as a Second Language. Tutoring dedicated to those subjects at WOU can be found here: wou.edu/freetutoring/
Preparing for Your Appointment
Our services at the Learning Center are available to all WOU students, but do have some limitations. We want you to have a successful experience with your tutor. That usually requires some preparation on your part.
- Attend class regularly
- Bring all needed materials to your appointment
- Work on the assignment, reading, etc. before you come to your appointment
- Take charge by telling the tutor what you need
- Tutors are here to support your learning, not do the work for you
- Use your professor as your primary source of information
- Once you schedule an appointment, please prepare some questions, topics, and/or concepts in advance, so the tutor has an idea of what you would like to discuss. You can also leave a comment of what you would like to work on when you make the appointment.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please let the tutor know as soon as possible. You must cancel an appointment two hours in advance, if possible, or it will be marked as a no-show. After three no-shows, you will need to contact the Tutoring Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to schedule appointments again. You may cancel appointments through WCS, by clicking on the appointment and selecting “Cancel this Appointment.”
- If no tutors are available for a class, you can request a tutor through the WCS system. You can also contact email@example.com, along with any other questions you have about tutoring, including an application to be hired as a peer tutor yourself!
Meet your 2020-21 Tutors
Emily Beck: COM 111, ENG 104, HE 325, HE 326, HE 415, PSY 201, PSY 202, PSY 301, PSY 311, PSY 334, PSY 350, PSY 360, PSY 445, PSY 463, PSY 467, PSY 468, MUS 107, SOC 223, SOC 224, SOC 225, Study Skills.
To schedule an appointment with Emily, use this link: https://wou.campus.eab.com/pal/ikkKOq-8WD
Grace Comer: D 177, D 1178, D 277, D 280, D 350, D 351, D 352, D 381, COM 111, PE 145, Study Skills.
To schedule an appointment with Grace, use this link: https://wou.campus.eab.com/pal/XCs6WNGyzh
Samantha Escorcia: CJ 213, CJ 214, Cj 219, CJ 252, CJ 267, CJ 321, CJ 331, CJ 427, CJ 444, CJ 449, CJ 450, CJ 451, CJ 435, CJ 454, Study Skills.
To schedule an appointment with Samantha, use this link: https://wou.campus.eab.com/pal/rxrniR9J5K
Kaleb Fegles-Jones: BA 211, BA 213, BA 230, BA 315, ECON 201, ECON 202, ECON 311, ECON 312, ECON 313, ECON 315, ENT 330.
To make an appointment with Kaleb, use this link: https://wou.campus.eab.com/pal/kK9p1p8MnV
Abigail Fisher: ASL 101, ASL 102, ASL 103, ASL 201, ASL 202, ASL 203, ASL 301, ASL 302, ASL 303, ED 220, ED 230, ED 242 ED 259, ED 280, ED 481, GEOG 106, HE 257, HST 202, HST 203, LIT 102.
To make an appointment with Abigail Fisher, use this link: https://wou.campus.eab.com/pal/rsktFBHpGA
Clay Johnson: MUS 211, MUS 211L, MUS 212, MUS 212L, MUS 213, MUS 213L, MUS 220, MUS 221, MUS 222, MUS 223.
To schedule an appointment with Clay, use this link: https://wou.campus.eab.com/pal/Ls8P9SJeZO
Kate Lieberenz: ED 200, ED 230, ED 232, ED 242, ED 259, ED 325, ED 353, ED 373, ED 374, ED 481, Study Skills.
To schedule an appointment with Kate, use this link: https://wou.campus.eab.com/pal/s5QXaE3aqH
Daisy Pratt: ANTH 213, ANTh 216, COM 111, COM 113 COM 212, COM 236, COM 331, COM 335, OCM 342, COM 405, COM 431, PHL 102, SPAN 101, SPAN 102, SPAN 103, SPAN 201, SPAN 202, SPAN 203, SPAN 301, SPAN 302, SPAN 303, Study Skills.
To schedule an appointment with Daisy, use this link: https://wou.campus.eab.com/pal/81RKnXVV9E
Juan Perez: SPAN 101, SPAN 102, SPAN 103, SPAN 201, SPAN 202, SPAN 203, SPAN 301, SPAN 302, SPAN 303, SPAN 245, SPAN 311, SPAN 312, SPAN 317, SPAN 318, SPAN 338, SPAN 342, SPAN 350, SPAN 379, SPAN 482, SPAN 483, COM 111, GEOG 105, GEOG 107, MUS 102, PHL 101, Study Skills.
To schedule an appointment with Juan, use this link: https://wou.campus.eab.com/pal/eDbYDGa2wh