Students must complete the following components of any bachelor degree at WOU:
- Minimum of 180 credit hours. Depending on your major and/or minor, you may need additional elective credits to reach 180 total credits.
- 60 upper-division credits (300, 400, or 500 level classes)
- Minimum of 2.00 (C) grade point average (GPA) in all work completed at WOU
- Residence: minimum of 45 of the last 60 credit hours completed through WOU
- General Education Requirements
- For students who are starting at WOU on or after Summer of 2019, please follow this link to the General Education requirements: https://wou.edu/gened/requirements/
- Click here to download the Gen Ed Guide 2020 to 2021.
- Students can change their catalog year to the new general education program. Please contact your Advisor for further guidance
- For students who started at WOU on or before Spring of 2019, please follow the link for Liberal Arts Core Curriculum information
- Liberal Arts Core Curriculum completion of 55 credit hours, as outlined in the section on Undergraduate Programs
- Major Requirements: minimum of 36 upper-division credit hours unless otherwise stated
- Minor Requirements: Optional but encouraged: minimum of 12 upper-division credit hours unless otherwise stated
- Credit limitation of a total of 16 hours for each open-ended course set: (199,399) (403) (406, 408) (407) (409)
- For students starting prior to Summer 2019, there are additional Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Music requirements as outlined in the section on Undergraduate Programs.
For specific information about your degree requirements, consult with a major advisor.