Teacher Prep Student Support Services (TRIO)
Welcome to Teacher Prep Student Support Services (TPSSS) at Western Oregon University. TPSSS is a federally funded TRIO grant program that provides support to future teachers.
To to be eligible for TPSSS you need to be working toward your first undergraduate degree in teaching and qualify in at least one of the following ways:
- Be a “first-generation” undergraduate college student (neither of your parents/primary supports has a Bachelor’s degree).
- Meet federal financial eligibility requirements.
- Have a documented disability.
The Teacher Prep SSS Program is funded at $261,888 annually by the U.S. Department of Education.
Want to learn more about TRIO at WOU? Head to our Resources page!
Accepting applications for the 2023-24 School Year. Apply today!
This application will take about 15 minutes to complete. At the end of this application, you will need to include responses to the following two short answer prompts. Each response should be a minimum of 1,000 characters (140 words) long, including spaces.
The Short Answer Questions are listed below. You may want to write them before beginning to protect your application.
- Short Answer Question 1: What TPSSS services would you be most interested in receiving? What interests you most about the services you selected and how will they benefit you?
- Short Answer Question 2: Tell us about your greatest challenges, academically and/or personally. How do you think these challenges might impact your college experience?
Have any questions? Contact TPSSS Director, Sheree Solario at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Are you a student curious to learn more about our program or a staff member looking to refer a student to TPSSS? Fill out the form below!
HOW CAN TPSSS SUPPORT YOU?
WOU TPSSS provides a number of services to participants of the program that include but are not limited to the following:
- Academic advising, mentoring, and tutoring
- Development of an individualized education plan
- Teacher licensure exam (ORELA) workshops
- Financial literacy development
- FAFSA and scholarship help
- Student success seminars and workshops
- Career development
- Connection with other Education Majors