Academic Program Review at Western Oregon University
Every seven years, academic programs conduct a holistic review of the program, its students’ learning and achievements, and its path going forward. WOU is a teaching and learning institution. Regular Academic Program Review drives continuous improvement through (1) critical evaluation of current activities (e.g., self-study), (2) identification of specific strengths and areas for improvement, and (3) program-level strategic planning that aligns programs and resource allocation with the university’s mission and strategic plan. The self-study is an opportunity for programs to review their activities, with a focus on how the program contributes to the overall mission and strategic direction of Western Oregon University.
At WOU, Program Review includes the following:
- A self-study which includes:
- An overview of the program mission, the governance structure, and student enrollment trends
- Self-assessment of program strengths, weakness, and opportunities for growth
- Future priorities and plans for the program
- A campus visit with an external reviewer who will independently assess the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for the program
- A complete report that incorporates the self-study and the external reviewer’s report
- Meetings with the Division Chair, Dean, and Provost to discuss the Program Review findings, to develop an action plan for program improvement, and to discuss the resources needed to implement the action plan
Details on all aspects of Program Review can be found on the Guides and Resources page.
If you have questions about Academic Program Review, please contact Michael Baltzley, Associate Provost for Academic Effectiveness (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Monday, April 25, 2 – 3 pm on Zoom, Featuring Program Review Alum Patty Flatt!
- Wednesday, April 27, 1 – 2 pm on Zoom, Featuring Program Review Alum Margaret Manoogian!
- Tuesday, May 3, 11 am – 12 pm in ITC 205, Featuring Program Review Alum Margaret Manoogian!
- Friday, May 6, 11 am – 12 pm on Zoom, Featuring Program Review Alum Lars Soderlund!
- Thursday, May 12, 12 – 1 pm in ITC 205, Featuring Program Review Alum Lars Soderlund!