What to blog?

Tricia raised some good issues in this post in her blog. Personally, I think the content of any blog should be up to its author. If you want to talk about personal stuff, that’s fine. Political opinion is likewise fine. Work-related stuff is also fine. The only things that are not fine are listed in the Acceptable Use of Computing Resources Policy; basically, this means no commercial or criminal activity.

Bill posted a draft version of some guidelines that I think make a lot of sense. Of course, these guidelines aren’t mandatory, nor should every blog here at WOU be considered a “work blog”.

Also, when you have a blog, you should not feel like you have to conform to a certain schedule, unless you purposely set one for yourself. Many blogs are daily, but that doesn’t mean they all have to be. There’s nothing wrong with having a weekly schedule, or just writing an entry whenever you have something to say, without worrying about a schedule.

Just so you know, this blog is mostly going to cover work-related stuff, though I’m not going to limit myself to that. I’ll try to post an entry every day I’m here (which, in case you didn’t know, is generally Monday through Thursday,) but I may skip days occasionally, or post when I’m not here.

2 thoughts on “What to blog?