Finally home!

When referring back to my first post when arriving in Italy, I am reminded of the panic, hypersensitivity to my surroundings, and overwhelming feeling that flooded my brain. After arriving back in the United States I was immediately surrounded by multiple family members and surprised by friends at the airport. I again felt the similar feeling of being overwhelmed and hypersensitivity about my stuff. I felt I had to do things myself because that is what I had been used to, not trusting anyone to do anything except myself. It was so good to see my friends and family and nothing made me happier but I also felt so overwhelmed with the amount of people greeting me. Later that night I felt the need to get away from everyone and just sat alone and talked with my mom. It was so good to be back in a familiar area but at the same time I went from always busy and traveling, being back home and immediately back into a crazy busy schedule. I think I still need alone time to adjust and just be comfortable. The rest of my summer is also incredibly busy and I can’t wait for school to start and my schedule to die down and start becoming a solid routine again. It is great experiencing everything day by day but I also enjoy structure in my life.