A Rocking Day In The UK

Today I really enjoyed the discussion we had in class about the Museum of London; it was interesting to listen to everyone else’s thoughts on the museum as well. One of the biggest topics was about World War 2 and how London really came together giving everything they could to help with the war. It was touching to listen to people opinions, and to see how it affected them as individuals. This was some art work that was leading to the location of the Museum. Their can be art all around us, and all ray can be different.

Graphite Art

The rest of the day consisted of hanging out with our good friend Conner that lives here in London. My roommate Meryem, Gina and Victoria like to call it “a YOILO type of day” YOUR ONLY IN LONDON ONCE! We were taken around London’s small shops, and interesting sky scrapers. Visiting the Covent Garden and my favorite of them all, China Town! I feel like I really got a good understanding on the culture, and the insides of London. I am starting to get the hang of what things are, when to use the right words and I’m more so aware of my surrounding and how to get home. I am starting to feel comfortable and can’t even imagine what it’s going to feel like going home. I really love it here, the people, the music through the streets, and the food, I tell you those fish and chips sure are delicious. At the Covent Garden there took place performances from a variety of singers, magicians, and human statues. For only a couple pence’s I was able to stand next to the silver glitter man. Take a close look, he is floating in thin air! Absolute MAGIC!

Glitter Man

Glitter Man

I had been waiting for this day to come, the day to watch The Rock of Ages Theatre perform. The bright lights, and rock and roll staged theme was incredible. Watching how the characters were able to sing and dance with such a rocker style was unreal. The dancers were flashy and hard core! They looked like they were dancing their hearts out. I could feel the energy bouncing back at me. Making me want to sing along with them and get up and put my hands in the air. I felt like the characters really knew how to work with the audience, especially when the audience would respond back to them. This was by far my favorite theatrical production I have seen yet. The rock and roll era was so powerful and really changed how people dress today. The rock is coming back into this time period, and I like it! Below you will see a picture of how colorful the stage actually looked. Lights, lights and more lights.

A walk through London

A walk through London

Jenny

2 thoughts on “A Rocking Day In The UK

1. You’re seeing so much and learning so much in the short time you’ve been in London. You have good observation skills. It’s amazing how quickly one can come to love a new place and to begin to feel a small part of that place Michele PS Your photos aren’t displaying right on your post. Try reloading:)

2. Jenny I loved reading about how your not settling for just “ok” experiences in this life and that your searching the world for adventure! I’ve never been to London so I want to see as many as your pictures as possible! I know you will have the travel bug long after you get home and will want to travel again… cant wait to read more!