Pre-Departure

It’s almost here! I leave for Costa Rica in one more week! I have no idea what Costa Rica will be like. I have heard from friends who have both studied there or visited that it was one of the greatest places that they had ever been to. I love the outdoors so I am excited about the feedback about the beautiful forests and exciting activities that are available.

I’m very excited but a little nervous about leaving because I know it will be a great experience but it also seems like a long time to be so far away from home, friends, and family. I also don’t speak much Spanish, so I am a little nervous to be going to a mostly Spanish speaking country.

Koryn

Costa Rica Fall 2012

Very excited for the new places to see, people to meet, and activities to partake in 🙂

3 thoughts on “Pre-Departure

1. I’m so excited for you to be in Costa Rica!! The people here are so helpful and there is so much to do and see! You are going to love it here :). Just make sure you’re ok with some semi-crazy driving! 🙂

2. My two students who have been in Costa Rica over the summer have loved the program. And one of my new student employees studied at that site all of last year and had an amazing time.
    I don’t think your limited Spanish will be an obstacle to a great academic and personal experience. Michele

3. We just talked to our Mama Tica, and it turns out that you are going to be her student for September! She is so sweet, and you will love her so much! We are leaving some sun block, bug repellant, and an umbrella for you on the desk. She said to make sure and tell you that you should bring clothes for wet weather because it will be REALLY rainy here in October, and longer sleeves because it is colder in December. But also bring shorts and T-shirts because right now it is pretty warm. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to shoot me an email 🙂 my user name at wou.edu. Have a great trip!!! 🙂