Note: These videos do not have sound.
Opening a Secure Email
Have you ever received a secure email? Watch this video to learn how to open it.
Opening a Secure Email:
- Select the secure email that you would like to open
- In the bottom left hand corner of the email open the doc
- Once on the secure message page enter in your WOU password, and click open
- A page stating you are not registered will appear, so select blue register button
- Fill out required information, and create a password
- Agree to CRES terms
- An email will be sent to you to finish activating your account
- In the CRES email open the “click here to activate this account” link to confirm your email address
- Repeat steps 1 and 2, and this time enter the password you have just created and click open
- The secure email will open
- To reply to the email select the bottom right reply button
- Compose your reply, and hit send
Sending a Secure Email
Need to send an email with sensitive data in it? Secure it easily with Cisco Secure Messaging. Watch here to learn how to send a secure email
Sending a Secure Email:
- Compose a new email
- Type in a recipient
- In the subject box type your subject followed by #secure#
- By adding #secure# to the subject of your email it will be sent as a secure email
Resetting Your Password for Secure Email
Forgot your password and can’t open a secure email? Learn how to reset that password here.
Secure Email Password Reset:
- Select the secure email you would like to open.
- In the bottom left hand corner open the attached secure email
- Fill out the login prompt entering your password and click the blue open button
- Click okay again to close the security prompt if you got one.
- If your password in incorrect you will be brought to an Invalid Password screen
- Click on the Forgot Password? Hyperlink on the bottom of the text box in the center.
- *Note the text in the alert box — if you do not receive the password reset email, check that “DoNotReply@res.cisco.com” is included in your address book and isn’t being filtered out. **If you are using a single sign on with no authentication (no DUO or something similar) this may not function correctly and you might need to contact the UCS help desk for assistance.
- Enter another email address you have access to into the text box, this is where the recovery email will be sent. Your wou.edu email should work fine.
- Navigate to the inbox of the email you entered in the previous step and click on the cisco recovery email and follow the link inside to be brought to a password reset prompt.