Destination Western is an all-expense paid two-week residential program designed to help students build the skills needed to succeed in college-level writing and math as well as get them connected to others socially. Participants will participate in academic sessions throughout the program in small groups, as well as participate in academic activities, workshops, and social events!
The 2023 Destination Western Program will run from September 4th to September 15th. Following Destination Western, students will participate in PACK Welcome Week.
Check out this year’s Destination Western!
We can’t wait to see what this year has in store for all of us!
An admitted Western Oregon University student, enrolled in Fall 2023 courses who also is one of the following:
– 2023 graduate from an Oregon high school
– 2022 graduate from an Oregon high school who did not attend college in 2022-23
– 2022 graduate from an Oregon high school who enrolled in an Oregon community college or university in 2022-23 and were adversely impacted by COVID-19 (reduced academic load, financial distress, poor grades, etc.)
Additionally, 2022/2023 graduates of Non-Oregon High School are also eligible, with priority given to Oregon graduates.
You will need to log in to your Wolf Den (where you submitted your WOU application)
- Live in the residence halls with other program participants
- Make friends and create your WOU community
- Meet WOU faculty and staff dedicated to student success
- Learn to navigate WOU before the fall term starts
- Have access to academic and campus resources
- Free on-campus housing and meals throughout the experience
What does a day at Destination Western look like? Check out our sample schedule! This is what most of the weekdays of Destination Western will look like.
Did we mention our weekend excursions? Past options have included paintball, ropes/zipline courses, the zoo, a beach day, and more!
*The Destination Western Program is dependent of state/federal funding for the next fiscal year starting in July/August. Not all benefits are guaranteed at this point in time.