How to Apply
Application Process for Maurice Challenge
- You only need to have good ideas and a plan to win, but you also need to make the deadlines.
- Applicants must have turned in their Intent to Participate form by midnight on December 15, 2020.
Step 1: Intent to Participate
- Download and fill out the competition application (Intent to Participate form).
- Write a description of the project (type-written and no more than 500 words). Remember we are looking for an innovative project, not just a research paper
- The description of the project and the application must be submitted by midnight on December 15, 2020. You may submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The “Intent to Participate Form” must be hard copy, handed in to: Dr Stephen Scheck, Biology Department, Natural Science building room 104.
Step 2: Work on your project
Step 3: Final Analysis
- At the conclusion of the project, each individual (or team) should write or create a formal analysis of the project.
- The analysis must be submitted by midnight, April 23, 2021. You may submit it electronically to email@example.com.
- Finalists will be chosen by the Maurice Challenge Review Committee and asked to give an oral presentation by mid-May.
- The Maurice Challenge Review Committee will then evaluate all of the finalists’ projects and announce a winner at the Academic Excellence Showcase.
Download the complete guideline documents here.
|Intent to Participate Due||December 15, 2020 by midnight|
|Confirmation of eligibility to participate||December 22, 2020|
|Final Analysis Due||April 23, 2021 by midnight|
|Committee Review of Analysis||May 1-8, 2021|
|Zoom meeting with committee||Mid May 2021|
|Winner Announced||May 28, 2021|