University Housing Accommodations
University Housing accommodations are processed through the Office of Disability Services (ODS) at Western Oregon University (WOU). In order to request disability accommodations for University Housing, register with ODS and provide supporting documentation.
Housing accommodations are based on disability-related needs, accommodations are not for a specific residence hall. Placement is dependent upon the availability of rooms that meet your specific need, in addition to your University Housing application date.
Steps to Request University Housing Accommodations
1 – Apply for University Housing at Applications – Housing and Dining
2 – Register for accommodations at Apply – Office of Disability Services
3 – Provide documentation of your disability to ODS
– If your existing documentation does not address your disability-related needs in housing, please have a Qualified Licensed Professional* complete the ODS HOUSING DOCUMENTATION FORM, or the qualified licensed professional may address the questions listed in the form in a formal letter on professional letterhead.
– If you are requesting an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) in housing, please have your Qualified Licensed Professional* complete the ESA FORM, or the qualified licensed professional may address the questions included in the form in a formal letter on professional letterhead.
4 – Once ODS receives the completed AIM application and supporting documentation, ODS will reach out to you to schedule an appointment to be sure fully understand your individual disability-related accommodation needs in campus housing.
5 – If accommodations are approved, the Office of Disability Services will make the recommendation for accommodation to University Housing.
*A Qualified Licensed Professional must have expertise in the disability diagnosis and follow established best practices in the field.
We recommend completing the above steps by the following dates:
- New students coming in Fall Term: June 30
- New students coming in Winter, Spring or Summer term: 60 days prior to the start of the next term
Contact the Office of Disability Services (ODS)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 503-838-8250
- Fax: 503-838-8721