University Housing Accommodations

University Housing accommodations are processed through the Office of Disability Services (ODS). To request accommodations, apply to both, University Housing and ODS.

University Housing accommodations are based on individual disability-related need(s). Placement in University Housing is dependent on your Housing application date and the availability of rooms that meet your specific need(s). Admission into University Housing is separate from your accommodation request, you will need to work with Housing to reserve your space.

To Request University Housing Accommodations

1 – Apply for University Housing at Applications – Housing and Dining

2 – Register for accommodations at Apply – Office of Disability Services and provide documentation of your disability 

 – If your existing documentation does not address your disability-related needs in University Housing, you may have your provider* complete the ODS Housing Documentation Form, or they may address the questions listed in the form in a formal letter on professional letterhead.

 – If you are requesting an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) in University housing, please have your provider* complete our ESA FORM, or they may address the questions included in the form in a formal letter on professional letterhead.

4 – ODS may contact you to schedule an appointment to better understand your individual disability-related accommodation needs in University housing.

5 – If accommodations are approved, the Office of Disability Services will make the recommendation for the accommodation(s) to University Housing.

 *A Qualified Licensed Professional must have expertise in the disability diagnosis and follow established best practices in the field.

We recommend completing the above steps by the following dates:

    • New students coming in Fall Term: June 30
    • New students coming in the Winter, Spring, or Summer term: 60 days prior to the start of the term

Contact the Office of Disability Services (ODS)

    • Email:
    • Phone: 503-838-8250
    • Fax: 503-838-8721