What I’ve been up to.

I haven’t been blogging much lately, as you can see. I’ve mostly been busy with the system programming side of my job. Here’s a brief list of the things I’ve done:

• Added LDAP server accounts for all students registered for Fall
  • For all faculty and staff ccounts migrated so far, added some LDAP attributes that we missed in the migration (this is why the Account Lookup and Password Change feature didn’t work for some of you; hopefully this is all fixed now, but if it isn’t, please tell the Service Request Desk!)
  • Worked on a procedure so that our Oracle web/database applications can talk to the LDAP database and easily use it for logins. (this means that more web applications that used to require their own logins will soon work with your email password, which is also now your network password.)
  • Worked on a system to help us re-code our website. I’ll talk moreabout that later, but it’s a huge job! Once it’s done, though, it should make it easier for everyoen to create web pages with the WOU design.

I’ll try to come up with a more easily digestible explanation of some of this next week. Especially LDAP, since that’s becoming so important to my job lately. Hmmm, I should note that down as a possible FAQ topic for when I start sending those again….