First Week School Experience

Our first official day of class was on Wednesday. Due to problems testing in to a Spanish level before I left I just went into Spanish Intermediate 2B which is roughly equivalent to Spanish 303 at WOU (my university) which is what I just took Spring Term. We were reviewing the verbs ser and estar and learning vocabulary relevant to physical description. It was different learning about these topics in Spain rather than in a classroom back home but I wasn’t sure that I felt challenged. On the plus side I was able to work with my classmates and help clear things up if there were any confusions. However, on Friday my professor approached me and asked me to move up to the advanced level 1. For the last hour of class I went to the advanced level and although I miss my friends from the intermediate level, I feel like I’ll get more from this class.

Our schedule is grammar/vocabulary class from 9:30-11:30 and then we have a half hour break until 12. We return to the same classroom for an hour to work on various topics. For the last hour of school we go to our module classes which are like electives, and for me my module is conversation to help improve my  conversation skills and to help gain confidence speaking Spanish on an everyday basis.

I really enjoy school and I feel very lucky to live where I do because I am right across the street from the campus!