Short and Sweet

This week was one of the shortest due to another feriado (holiday). I had both Thursday and Friday off because of el dia del trabajador (international worker’s day). I have to admit it was nice getting to relax this week. However, I felt like I had no time to really enjoy my last days with my lovely co-workers since next week I will be moved to another floor dedicated to different work. I will definitely have to visit them they have been amazing. I have gotten the opportunity to really learn a lot from them. With everything that I have been able to learn I decided to construct a few tools that I cannot wait to demonstrate to them this upcoming week. Additionally, I will be able to present what I have been evaluating these past weeks. All I can hope for is that they all approve especially my site coordinator from el Sanatorio.

These are some pictures of some of the amazing lovely ladies I have had the opportunity to work with.

For my four-day weekend I did not really do too much exploring I mostly took advantage and really gave time for myself. I did however; get to join one of my supervisor’s family to Lujan, a small city part of Buenos Aires, Argentina to see the Virgin Lujan and her basilica (church). It was perfect; the city was so beautiful and very peaceful. I really enjoyed going with them it really gave me an insight on how families interact with one another in Argentina, I got to admit my time with them made me miss my family, but in a way I felt at home. Not only that, but I also got to be able to check off something from my bucket list, to learn a different dance in another country. Yes, that is right I got to join my coordinator from BAC to La Viruta, a tango class in Buenos Aires earlier today (Sunday). I cannot wait to show my new moves when I go home.

This is a picture of me outside la basilica (church) de Lujan.

This is a picture of my supervisor's children, who were amazing to show me around la basilica.

This is a picture of my supervisor’s children, who were amazing to show me around la basilica.

A picture of my supervisor and I.

A picture of my supervisor and I.

In this picture we are standing in front of the original place where they say that Virgin Lujan stopped and stayed. This is why there are many people's names, candles, pictures, and more things that have been brought there to thank Virgin Lujan for all her miracles.

In this picture we are standing in front of the original place where they say that Virgin Lujan stopped and stayed. This is why there are many people’s names, candles, pictures, and more things that have been brought there to thank Virgin Lujan for all her miracles.

These are a few pictures of me learning some basic steps for tango.

A few pictures from La Viruta with my coordinator from BAC.

This entry was posted in Argentina and tagged , by Marlen. Bookmark the permalink.

About Marlen

Hello. You are probably wondering who I am and what I am all about. Well, for starters my name is Marlen, I am currently a student at Western Oregon University majoring in Community Health with a minor in Human Biology and for the rest, you will have to see.