Week 9

Week 9 was rather quiet, except for the craziness concerning going to the hospital with one of my new British friends. We were playing American football, as part of the new team here at Edge Hill. He is one of the best player in Britain, which would get into many Western level schools, if not higher. So when he had a guy land into his knee and possibly tear his MCL, a lot of us were rather dismayed.

I went with him at 5 am, after waiting for the ambulance for over an hour. Then we went to the hospital, which was not in town and had to wait even more. After getting him an x-ray, they had no more knee braces, so we had to go back to town and get one there, after more waiting. It was a poor affair for him and I. Hopefully, he will have recovered and not have anymore injuries.

The rest of the week, just explored town and finished up a couple of papers. Since my time here is nearing an end, time to get school finished up, then perhaps one last hurrah besides a London weekend getaway. Hopefully finish some Christmas shopping too.

IMG_0021 IMG_0017

Top one is the town clock as the town center in Ormskirk. It is sort of the rallying point for all the market activities on Thursday and Saturday almost every week.

An old red telephone booth. Classic UK.