First Week!

I absolutely love it here! Everyone is so nice and helpful. My preconceived notions were wrong, there are so many cars, tall buildings and the city is VERY clean! I could not have asked for a better host family! They have been so understanding about when it takes me a little longer to come up with a response. I have learned so much just in the few days I have been here, I believe my understanding of the Spanish language and culture has grown, placing me closer to my end goal of becoming fluent! Having gone to a museum I was able to see a bit more of the Spanish culture, I also took a trolley ride through the historic down-town. On this tour the guide gave us a history of the buildings and streets. Some parts were a little difficult to understand because the guide used words i did not know, however Carmen was able to translate those tricky parts. We met an elementary teacher here who is wanting to learn English so we sort of traded, she helped us with Spanish and we helped her with English. She was able to teach us more about the culture and history of Queretaro. She also introduced us to some of her friends. Meeting more people in an unfamiliar place is always good, we now have friends for a lifetime and are able to continue getting to know them and through them get to know the city!Screen shot 2013-07-03 at 7.29.19 PM

Screen shot 2013-07-03 at 7.29.49 PM

Screen shot 2013-07-03 at 7.30.05 PM

Screen shot 2013-07-03 at 7.30.24 PM I have included a few pictures of my first days in Mexico, hope you enjoy.

One thought on “First Week!

1. You’re off to a great start. I’m so glad you have an amazing host family and that the language is beginning to resonate with you in a different way. Observe, listen, learn, and speak Spanish as much as you can. Michele