January in Barcelona (2)

The first week of class was a success! All students only have class Monday-Thursday which is nice; I have plenty of time to explore the city or travel during the weekend. I’m enrolled in three culture classes and one Spanish language course.
I’m taking a sports & society class which examines the sociological, anthropological, and cultural influences on a region’s (in this case, Catalonia and Spanish) sports. Although futbol (soccer) dominates Spanish sports, as it does throughout Europe, I’m looking forward to learning more about other culturally important sports like bullfighting. I’m also taking a 20th-century art history class with a focus on Miro, Dali, and Picasso- all with Spanish ties. It’s proving to be more interesting than I initially thought and I’m looking forward to the field trips! Lastly, I’m taking a Spanish civilization and culture class that goes into detail about the historic importance of the Iberia Peninsula and how the various invasions have shaped the culture of the region today.
Below are just some photos I snapped throughout the week.
DSCN0089-Lo-Fi
DSCN0017-Lo-Fi DSCN0086-Lo-Fi
DSCN0081-Lo-Fi
IMG_5961-Lo-Fi IMG_5963-Lo-Fi IMG_5971-Lo-Fi