A flatmate gone and a new place

Feb 8th – 21stDSCF1966

Sierra one of my flatmates left for USA the 9th. Leaving me with one flatmate. I miss hanging-out with her,but if I ever go to Chicago I can hang out with her again. ^_^

I went to my NZ family’s place and got to see the 2/3 week old kittens! They at so cute! I loved spending time with the kittens and the family. I helped give the kittens a flea bath and Meka the mother cat one too. I also helped one of the kittens finish opening his eyes, for he was the only one with his eyes partly closed. the rest of the litter had there eyes fully open. The is four kittens 2 female and 2 male. they were walking about very wobbly then and watched with curiosity. 

I worked on Monday at the Gallery. It was just me and another lady working that day, because the three main people had to be somewhere else. So I helped open and close the gallery, plus anything else that needed to be figured out and computer work. Tuesday I only worked half a day because I had gotten a mi-gran with looking at the computer with out my glasses. I was only going to take an hour nap at my flat and then come back to work at 1pm, but I slept though my alarm and didn’t wake until 7pm! so I just went back to sleep, and went in on the next day to finish my work.

On Valentine’s day I got to talk to my Grandparents and my sister Rachel! I miss the so much. then went to oriental beach and swam in the bay/ocean. it was very salty, cold but not numbing cold like Oregon’s ocean and it was clearish. I think I even saw a fish.

At Zealandia I helped decorate the wedding table decore. all’s they had was green plants and some planted in clear jars showing the dirt. Anna was frustrated with the little thought that went into their decorations. so she assigned me to make them look better for the photos that  were to be taken for a website to advertise Zealandia’s weddings. And that’s what I did. 🙂

Sunday I visited my NZ family and got to taste native cooking. In the old day’s the Maori would dig a hole then put hot rocks in it, then the food covered in cloth and lastly Banana leaves and dirt. it’s called Māori hangi ovens. The family mondernised it with no hole, hot rocks, chicken wire, food wrapped in tinfoil and heaps of wet newspapers. the food tasted good.After eating I saw the kittens again and now they were wobbly playing. so cute!

Monday I got to talk to my sister Talya! that was a lot of fun!and on Wednesday after work Katie and I (with the help of Angela) moved to a hostle, cause the lodge was filling up with students from the University. So here I am at the library to get free internet because the new place has none.

4 thoughts on “A flatmate gone and a new place

1. Great to hear about your NZ experience! I would love to try native NZ food! One of my flatmates just left last week and its always weird when one of the clan leaves and I think very bitter sweet for them. All the best with your travels and keep having a blast!

2. It sounds like you’re doing some really interesting and creative things for your internship. And you’re starting to get the hang of the blog assignments and the dive technique–describe, investigate,verify, explain. Stay on track with the blog assignments and you’ll get better and better. Michele

• Valentine’s day in New Zealand isn’t really that different from the states. To me there seemed less advertisement and decoration for the day. I did see some of people walking around with flowers to be given or was given to them. Other then that it was a normal day.