Hello World!

Hello world!

For the past five months studying abroad in Scotland has been a very hazy possibility for me.  One that I have always dreamed of since high school so I started the process, looked at the cost (cried a little about the cost), got the applications turned in, GOT ACCEPTED,

My excitement of being excepted!

got my passport, got the money, and now, now that hazy possibility is in fact a very huge reality.

And I am freaking out.

The idea of going halfway around the world, away from my family and friends is a very daunting thought for me.  I have never been so far a way from my family or friends that I did not have the option of just calling and having them come over or to grab lunch.  Even though I am terrified, I know that if I don’t do it, I will regret it.

Gorgeous Scotland

Going to Scotland I believe that it will not be as huge of a culture shock as if I was going to a country that spoke a different language.  Going to Scotland the main language is English so I will hopefully know what everyone is saying.  I know that the culture norms in Scotland are different than what they are in the United States but from what I am told it is not that different.  I will find out though in a little over a month.

My lovely brothers and I

Until than I am going to hug my family close, spend as much time with my friends as I can, and dream of Scotland.

~Haylee

One thought on “Hello World!

1. Leaving family and friends is always daunting. And the fact you’ll be gone for a semester makes it even a bit more daunting. You are such an approachable, friendly young woman that I know you’ll make new friends quickly. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing how your journey unfolds. Michele