Museums Galore

South Kensington: what a beautiful little section of London that is. This is where the Victoria and Albert Museum is located. It was named after Prince Albert and Princess Victoria. The art museum was truly unique with its roman sculptures, jewels, and theatre production. I learned about the different aspects of theatre and how masks were created. As well as how some of the costumes were used for each different theatrical production. Seeing how the designs changed from time period to time period was a good way to pay attention to the different details, patterns and colors that the time period was about. Going from day dresses, to evening dresses, bonnets, top hats, blazers, bright and darks, each time period seemed unique in its own way. One of the greatest exhibits that I have ever seen was in this museum containing pieces from Marylyn Monroe with the original white dress, James Bond, Harry Potter, Black Swan with the stunning black tutu, and one of my favorites Audrey Hepburn. It didn’t feel real that I was able to see all these incredible pieces of clothing from these famous and really talented artists who I have watched growing up. A truly unique experience I feel that could have only happened here in London.

Victorian and Albert Museum

Victorian and Albert Museum

The V & A's architecture

The V & A’s architecture

As lunch time came along I got inspired and went out and did some more research, and well shopped a little, its incredible to see how London is so proud of their fashion stores, seeing as though they are everywhere.

Shopping Street by the V and A Museum

Shopping Street by the V and A Museum

Top Hat was just WOW, absolutely jaw dropping. This was an incredible showing. It makes me want to live in the 30’s. Dales attire was some of the finest pieces of clothing I have seen. I loved how she really used here attire to move around on stage. I found it fascinating to see how they used the stage to portray movement. Following along with all the lights to make the scene really come to life. For example in the scene where Dale is riding in the horse carriage, there is no horse, but the carriage is shown with the wheel moving. The background of the set showed streets and streetlights. I almost felt like I was right there with them, in that time period, in that place. Over all I feel like all the dances were right on cue with the music. A production put together quit extraordinarily.

Top Hat Production

Top Hat Production

Aldwych Theatre

Aldwych Theatre

Jenny

One thought on “Museums Galore

1. Jenny, you’re doing a good job of describing what you see, investigating some more, verifying what you learn, and explaining it to us (DIVE) You’ve had some wonderful excursions that lend themselves well to this kind of exploration. Michele

PS Your photos still aren’t showing up on the blog. Check to see what kind of file you’re saving them as.