All Good Things Come to an End

An overview of Barcelona

Post for Aug. 1, 2012

I know I’m blessed. I know I’m privileged. I’m thankful for what I have and the life I’ve lived. This whole trip has been like heaven on earth to me. I am at awe with the world and the small bits of it that I have seen. I only spent four days in Rome and I loved every minute of it, and having this one last day to be back in Barcelona puts a nice end to my trip. I plan to make a short post separate from this one to display some of my pictures from Rome. I spent most of the day today resting and getting my stuff ready and packed to return back to Oregon. Earlier though (in the evening) I went to go see the top of Mt. Tibidabo because I had heard so much about it and had not had the opportunity to see it until today. Once I got to the top I took a minute to soak in the beauty of the view it had. You could see all of Barcelona from the top of Tibidabo.

For some reason listening to all the children’s cheers and laughter made me kind of sad.

At the top of Tibidabo is a small amusement park that is over 100 years old! It was fun to walk around it and see all the kids and their families having a good time together. It kind of made me miss home and my childhood a little bit though. For such an old amusement park it still felt quite alive and functional, though kind of expensive in my opinion.

I’m glad my final memory of Barcelona is going to be of Mt. Tibidabo.

I walked around taking pictures by myself and I liked just having some time alone even though I was surrounded by so many strangers. While I was walking it started getting very windy and the wind brought a cloud onto the mountain. It was a cool thing to see because it was just a thick fog you could see moving up and through the mountain.

I almost got to go to the very top and touch Jesus’ feet but they were closing. Maybe some day I’ll get to come back and walk to the top.

One of my goals for the night was to “touch Jesus’ feet” at the top of the church which as at the ultimately highest point of all of Barcelona. Unfortunately they had just closed off the gate a half hour before I got there and they didn’t let me walk up to the top. I was a little disappointed, but not entirely because I thought of it as something I had left to do in hopes of returning some day.

I hope this doesn’t turn out to be just a dream. Because it definitely feels like one.
See you later! (Hopefully soon.)

Now I’m about to get a bit of sleep because I will be waking up at 2:30am to leave for the airport. I will definitely miss Barcelona. It now has a special place in my heart and I look forward to returning again some day. I am sure I will be reminiscing about this trip for years to come.

Hasta la vista!

Jose