Week 6- Arenal

This weekend I went to Arenal which is a volcano in Central Costa Rica. We visited the Baldi Hot Springs which were incredible. They had made saunas out of the rock and used the hotspring to heat it and they had 3 waterslides going into the hotsprings. We also went to the festival in La Fortuna where there was food, games and dancing. The last day that I was there we went to the La Fortuna waterfall. It was beautiful, however due to the heavy rains the night before the water was brown and muddy and it was unsafe to swim. It was a beautiful view none the less though. ~Koryn

2 thoughts on “Week 6- Arenal

1. You are visiting some amazing places. I would love to learn more about them. What was the most incredible thing about Baldi Hot Springs? What was the occasion for the festival in La Fortuna? Were they celebrating some important event? Michele

• Im not sure any one thing was best about the hotsprings it was just a very beautiful place in general. I believe that the festival was for columbus day but Im not 100% on that. It is actually quite strange that they celebrate columbus day considering the country’s history. Koryn